Inside Sales Representative- West Coast
Wilson Language Training
Wilson Language Training is a pioneer and leader in championing the science of reading and empowering educators across the country to pursue “Literacy for All.” For over 30 years, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been devoted to improving instruction for students with dyslexia and ensuring that all students learn to read and spell through our research-based multisensory, structured literacy programs.
Wilson believes that every individual — young students introduced to reading for the first time, students in need of intervention support, and those with dyslexia and persistent reading challenges — has the right to acquire literacy. By partnering with educators, parents, and students, we know this is possible.
Our mission is to provide quality professional learning and ongoing support so that educators have the skills and tools they need to help their students become fluent, independent readers, who are ready to explore the endless possibilities the world of reading has to offer.
Wilson is growing and looking to hire an Inside Sales Representative.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for developing new leads and converting them into ongoing customers by building lasting connections and relationships with them. This will involve researching the potential customer to make customized sales pitches and demonstrating how the customer will benefit from purchasing Wilson products. Once the sale is made, this position will be responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with the customer to sell them additional products in the future and service their ongoing needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Maintain and expand the database of prospects.
- Team with channel partners to build pipelines and close deals.
- Perform effective online demos to prospective customers.
- Understand and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an inside sales or a similar role.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong listening skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong sales and cold calling skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
Education or Certification:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Anticipated range for salary: $44,000 - $72,000.
Wilson Language Training will be accepting applications for this role on a rolling basis.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V