Director of Procurement Management
Wilson Language Training
The Director of Procurement Management is responsible for the leadership of the company-wide procurement process at Wilson Language Training. Working with the leadership team this position will implement category management approach with a scope that includes direct and indirect material categories to deliver KPIs including savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, and spend under agreement. This role will also include 3PL management and RFP negotiations.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading procurement/sourcing in multi-national companies and experience working on the assigned categories of spending. This candidate will also have experience in continuous improvement, 3PL operations and management, and exceptional leadership skills with the ability to work with leadership and teams across the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads cross-functional group sourcing execution initiatives (RFx and negotiations) for internal and product materials procurement with global strategic suppliers and supported by group category management teams.
- Works with external supply partners and cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers such as supply continuity, quality, cost, and operational performance.
- Conducts supplier business reviews with global strategic suppliers to ensure the terms of agreement are met including performance/quality standards and continuous improvement goals and serves as key escalation path for supplier issues.
- Accountable for process / policy compliance and performance tracking. Responsible for delivering and demonstrating measurable performance and capabilities improvements through defined success metrics and KPIs.
- Collaborates with leadership and other teams to develop business and category priorities.
- Supports development of 3 to 5-year global sourcing strategies focusing on suppliers that meet key business needs for the Enterprise, including, implementation and management of a responsible sourcing, supplier diversity program.
- Support the company’s environmental and sustainability efforts.
- Collaborates with product development team to simplify design and optimize materials while maintaining or improving product value and/or lifecycle.
- Regularly engages with leadership to ensure transparency on category strategy and business needs/challenges.
- Partners with external consultant and leadership for 3PL provider RFP process.
- Manages day-to-day operations of 3PL partner(s) partnership to ensure Logistic Team goals, objectives, and KPIs associated with physical product storage, shipping, and receiving are met.
- Understands and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years working on the assigned categories of spend.
- Minimum of 5 years procurement/sourcing leadership experience in multi-national companies, including responsible sourcing in support of corporate DEI goals & objectives.
- Strong negotiating skills, with demonstrated ability to assess market/business dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results.
- Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities.
- Ability to perform with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority, motivating and managing teams.
- Acts with customers in mind; establishing and maintaining trust and respect.
- Motivates staff and develops them to be future leaders in the organization.
- Demonstrated success managing 3PL provider relationships and operations.
- Experience implementing product design to value initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field
- Master’s degree preferred.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Anticipated salary: $140,000.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V