Technical Support Liaison
Wilson Language Training
This position is responsible for facilitating seamless communication of technical issues between Wilson Language Training’s Technical Support team and Technical Development teams. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, active listening skills, troubleshooting skills, and effective triaging skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as a communication bridge between Technical Support and Technical Development to ensure that information such as technical issues, end user feedback, and release notes is communicated appropriately.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships between support and development teams.
- Utilize analytical thinking to identify and prioritize technical issues and help to assess the impact of issues on customers and the business.
- Identify and report recurring technical issues and collaborate with Technical Support team members to gather information and share it with the development teams.
- Collaborate with development teams to track and expedite technical issue resolution and keep support teams informed of issue statuses.
- Create and maintain internal and external knowledge base articles and FAQs.
- Proactively maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of our digital products and services, including knowledge of features, functionalities, and technical architecture.
- Translate end user issues into actionable tasks for the development team.
- Effectively triage and communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to beta testing of new digital products and expertly navigate existing digital products.
- Provide technical support to end users of Wilson Language Training’s SaaS products and online courses by phone, email, and chat.
- Work closely with teams across the Customer Experience department and Technical Development to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Identify, document, and analyze error trends reported by users and members of the Technical Support Team
- Interact with peers and manager via Teams or other platform to report emerging issues, provide updates on existing issues, and discuss issue resolution.
- Participate in ad hoc projects.
- Work with the Manager and Director to meet department and company goals.
- Understand and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent troubleshooting, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Ability to make decisions that demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize issues based on complexity and severity.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to end users with limited technical knowledge.
- Strong root cause analysis skills.
- Experience troubleshooting web applications.
- Experience reviewing error messages and logs.
- Experience with debugging and testing tools such as Dev Tools, BrowserStack, etc.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles.
- High-level understanding of the software development process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of mainstream computer operating systems (Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS) as well as mobile device platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Passion for problem-solving and advocating on behalf of our customers/end users.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Proficiency in using support and collaboration tools such as ticketing systems and communication platforms.
- Sitting at a computer station continuously for long periods of time.
Education or Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years in a customer-facing Technical Support role required.
- Experience in an EdTech Support Role preferred.
- SalesForce ServiceCloud experience preferred.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Anticipated Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V