Wilson Language Training
Wilson Language Training is a pioneer and leader in championing the science of reading and empowering educators across the country to pursue “Literacy for All.” For over 30 years, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been devoted to improving instruction for students with dyslexia and ensuring that all students learn to read and spell through our research-based multisensory, structured literacy programs.
Wilson believes that every individual — young students introduced to reading for the first time, students in need of intervention support, and those with dyslexia and persistent reading challenges — has the right to acquire literacy. By partnering with educators, parents, and students, we know this is possible.
Wilson is growing and looking to hire a Project Manager.
The Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects related to the development of Wilson Language Training Program curriculum and professional learning.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with managers and stake holders to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Works with department directors to organizes and assign work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time.
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Communicates and collaborates with other internal Wilson teams to provide training and information required to promote and inform programs, and systems.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Understands and display WLT’s values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other project management related software.
Education or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Business or Project Managements required, or equivalent bachelor’s degree plus project management certification.
- Experience working in the Education or educational publishing industry a plus.
- 5+ years project management experience required.
- Experience managing an interdepartmental team with members from all levels of an organization preferred.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Anticipated pay range: $86,000 - $110,000
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V