Customer Success Department Manager
Wilson Language Training
Wilson Language Training is a pioneer and leader in championing the science of reading and empowering educators across the country to pursue “Literacy for All.” For over 30 years, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been devoted to improving instruction for students with dyslexia and ensuring that all students learn to read and spell through our research-based multisensory, structured literacy programs.
Our mission is to provide quality professional learning and ongoing support so that educators have the skills and tools they need to help their students become fluent, independent readers, who are ready to explore the endless possibilities the world of reading has to offer.
Our company is growing and looking to hire a Manager for our Customer Success (CSX) Team. The CSX Manager leads a team of CSSs or CSMs, each who support a portfolio of high/medium/low touch customers. The CSX manager is responsible for driving the performance of their team and ensuring that each member is aligned with department objectives and meets KPIs for retention, expansion, and renewals. A successful CSX manager will excel in ambiguous situations, creating processes and coaching others to drive results. They also help their team elevate the voice of the customer and partner closely with internal stakeholders to build a Customer Centric culture within Wilson Language Training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for hiring, training, supporting, and managing a team of CSMs or CSSs.
- Able to set a vision and drive change within team and department, navigating change with a positive attitude and an eye toward the big picture and future growth.
- Responsible for building processes that enable scaling.
- Passion for working with customers with complex business needs, thinking critically to resolve concerns.
- Work with other internal teams to ensure seamless transitions throughout the customer journey including multiple Product Teams, Onboarding, Sales, and Professional Services Teams.
- Apply effective listening skills to understand needs beyond the question of the customer.
- Collaborate with team to monitor, problem-solve, and communicate resolutions for customer issues, requests, and complaints. Support escalations as needed and align team on best practices to ensure operational excellence.
- Analyze data and support team to minimize churn and optimize user adoption to drive renewals and expansion.
- Coach team members throughout their regular cadence of calls and Executive Business Reviews (EBR’s) and support process adjustments that elevate the effectiveness of touchpoints.
- Ensure high customer engagement and satisfaction as measured by retention, health score, expansion opportunities identified, and CNPS.
- Communicates a clear and thorough understanding of the organization’s products, offerings, and policies.
- Must be willing to travel at times to engage with customers face-to-face (10%-20%)
- Understand and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Team-first mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Experience managing a team: including hiring, training, development, and performance management— two or more years preferred.
- Passion for service, helping others and seeing your customers and team succeed.
- Patient and active listener.
- Knowledge of best practices in customer service and retention.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with the ability to set goals and prioritize many initiatives and opportunities.
- Self-awareness, decisive judgment, clarity, attention to detail, organization, ability to handle ambiguity, and goal orientation.
- Proficient with applicable software applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the field of education, school/district leadership, educational publishing/technology preferred.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-driven and proactive nature.
- Detail-oriented, and highly organized and methodical, ensuring all issues are managed to completion.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Ability to travel to client sites for client visits.
Education or Certification
- Bachelor's Degree or related work experience.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Anticipated pay range: $86.,000 - $110,000
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V