QA Automation Engineer
Wilson Language Training
Wilson Language Training is a pioneer and leader in championing the science of reading and empowering educators across the country to pursue “Literacy for All.” For over 30 years, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been devoted to improving instruction for students with dyslexia and ensuring that all students learn to read and spell through our research-based multisensory, structured literacy programs.
Our mission is to provide quality professional learning and ongoing support so that educators have the skills and tools they need to help their students become fluent, independent readers, who are ready to explore the endless possibilities the world of reading has to offer.
Wilson is growing and looking to hire a QA Automation Engineer.
This individual provides testing, analysis, and review of software built and deployed by Wilson Language Training. This role also includes the duties to identify, design, and implement automated tests to ensure quality, performance, accessibility, and security within tech projects. This role will work closely with developers, Tech leadership, and other QA staff. The QA automation engineer monitors all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review, test, and identify bugs in software projects to ensure the quality, security, and performance of released products
- Identify application weaknesses
- Create bug reports/tickets, gathering information required for developers to action on and resolve defects
- Identify and produce automated tests including unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, coded UI tests, and other automation scripts.
- Devise and administer load testing on applications
- Participate in project planning discussions, work item planning, and prioritization.
- Collaborate with other QA staff. Ensure major defects are triaged and prioritized accordingly.
- Use tools to test the accessibility level of a web applications. Identify usability problems or defects that prevent WCAG AA accessibility.
- Learn continuously and stay up-to-date with trends, technologies and direction in the technology industry and help surface recommendations for Tech Dev, its processes, and its projects
- Perform manual testing and analysis of web applications as required.
- Understand and display WLT’s values
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience developing UI tests in Cypress
- Knowledge of web security and standards. Should have working knowledge of OWASP top 10 and common vulnerabilities.
- Ability to learn and understand applications and their requirements
- Familiarity with IDEs such as Visual Studio, source control and branching strategies with GIT, and running projects locally or in containers.
- A keen eye for detail, the ability to problem-solve, organize, and think analytically.
- Ability to be pragmatic in decision making.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and respond dynamically as priorities change.
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new technologies and staying current.
- Detailed knowledge of various browsers, operating systems, devices, differences in versions and capabilities
- Fluent with modern DevOps patterns
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Ability to uphold WLT values
Education or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development or equivalent experience
- Over 5 years of experience in software testing / QA roles, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud platforms.
- Experience with Education technology and Learning Managements Systems (LMSs) a plus.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Anticipated range for salary: $86,000 - $110,000.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V