Technical Support Specialist
Wilson Language Training
Wilson Language Training is a pioneer and leader in championing the science of reading and empowering educators across the country to pursue “Literacy for All.” For over 30 years, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been devoted to improving instruction for students with dyslexia and ensuring that all students learn to read and spell through our research-based multisensory, structured literacy programs.
Wilson believes that every individual — young students introduced to reading for the first time, students in need of intervention support, and those with dyslexia and persistent reading challenges — has the right to acquire literacy. By partnering with educators, parents, and students, we know this is possible.
Wilson is growing and looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist.
Technical Support Specialists provide immediate, high-quality support to users of Wilson’s online resources and digital products via phone, email, and online chat. The ideal candidate will have experience providing technical support to non-technical users (ideally K12 users) and will possess strong troubleshooting abilities, excellent communication, active listening skills, and a high EQ. Candidates should also demonstrate natural curiosity and a passion for investigating and resolving technical issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support for users of Wilson’s online courses and SaaS products by phone, email, and online chat.
- Clarify technical concepts into easy-to-understand instructions for non-technical end users.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and escalate bugs to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of internal and external technical support resources and documentation.
- Maintain database of solutions articles; contribute ideas for new articles to improve customer satisfaction and reduce effort.
- Identify, document, and analyze error trends reported by end users.
- Utilize tools and resources to provide troubleshooting solutions to users.
- Actively contribute to discussions to improve support processes and digital products by supplying feedback from end users.
- Proactively maintain knowledge on growing external product resources as well as internal support tools
- Contribute to beta testing of new digital products and expertly navigate existing digital products.
- Work closely with Technical Onboarding and other teams across the Customer Experience department to quickly resolve support requests.
- Interact with peers and manager via Teams or other platform to report emerging issues, provide updates on existing issues, and discuss issue resolution.
- Participate in ad hoc projects.
- Work with the Manager and Director to meet department and company goals.
- Must be able to work on East Coast time schedule.
- Understand and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent troubleshooting, presentation, and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Ability to make decisions that demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize issues based on complexity and severity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of mainstream computer operating systems (Windows, MacOS, and ChromeOS), as well as mobile device platforms such as iOS and Android
- Sitting at a computer station continuously for long periods of time
Education or Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years in a customer-facing technical support role experience required.
- Experience in an EdTech Support role preferred.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V