Customer Support Specialist
Wilson Language Training
Wilson Language Training is a pioneer and leader in championing the science of reading and empowering educators across the country to pursue “Literacy for All.” For over 30 years, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been devoted to improving instruction for students with dyslexia and ensuring that all students learn to read and spell through our research-based multisensory, structured literacy programs.
Our mission is to provide quality professional learning and ongoing support so that educators have the skills and tools they need to help their students become fluent, independent readers, who are ready to explore the endless possibilities the world of reading has to offer.
Wilson is continuing to grow and is looking for a Customer Support Specialist.
This role focuses on high quality interactions with customers via telephone, email, and online chat. Communicating product and service information, managing course enrollments, and assisting with inquiries about shipments, returns and online resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally via chat, phone and email.
- Maintain and update customer records during interactions, transactions, and communications.
- Process transactions for materials and subscription offerings.
- Ensure accurate, timely responses and follow-up with customer inquiries.
- Work closely with other internal teams to ensure seamless transitions throughout the customer journey.
- Continue and maintain working knowledge of all company products, services, and online platforms.
- Provide precise details of each product line and corresponding materials including catalogue descriptions and pricing.
- Process cancellations and transfers for professional learning options offered.
- Provide authorization and documentation for customer returns and shipments.
- Participate in departmental projects with focus on development of procedures and streamlined functions to improve customer experience.
- Understand and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude.
- High degree of comfort with Desktop Computer functions.
- Familiar with CRM systems and practices, NetSuite experience a plus.
- Basic Internet navigation skills.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and productively in both an office and a non-office environment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- At least one year of customer service experience in a professional office environment preferred.
Wilson has identified the anticipated pay range for this role based on the many factors that we consider in defining compensation levels for our roles, including market data, and internal equity considerations. Actual pay, and allocation between base and any target discretionary bonus, will vary based on geographic location, education, work experience, skills, market data, and internal equity considerations. Wilson offers competitive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k plan with partial employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- “O’Connor days,” which refers to a company-wide office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, as well as other perks.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V