Patient Recruitment Specialist
Summit Dermatology Partners
Dermatology Clinical Trials Center Seeks Clinical Trial Patient Recruitment Specialist
The Dermatology Center of Indiana is recruiting an experienced full time Clinical Trial Patient Recruitment Specialist to join our Indiana Clinical Trails Center in Plainfield, IN.
The primary responsibilities of the Recruitment Specialist are to perform all aspects of clinical trial subject recruitment, which includes but is not limited to: calling prospective clinical research study subjects; searching clinical trials databases for potential upcoming studies; preparing various reports relative to recruitment. The Recruitment Specialist is required to have knowledge of protocol design and Good Clinical Practices (GCP) as set forth by the Federal Regulations and International Conference of Harmonization (ICH) Guidelines. It will be necessary for the Recruitment Specialist to collaborate with other ICTC staff in various aspects of day to day operations and will work under the supervision of the Director of Site Operations.
- Call prospective subjects and appropriate ICF schedule screening visits in CRIO and Outlook
- E-Mail Medical Intake Form, to pre-screened recruitment subjects
- Conduct preliminary interviews of walk-in referrals to determine if the referral qualifies as a potential candidate for a study screening visit
- Post flyers and posters in the lobby and send to DCI for advertising purposes
- Search clinicaltrials.gov for upcoming clinical trials and other databases/websites; forward findings to Contracts and Recruitment Administrator.
- Contact sponsors and CROs to inquire about upcoming new studies
- Provide weekly reporting to each sponsor for all prescreen activities.
- Maximize CRIO Data System by completing subject information data fields relative to recruitment activities
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy during data entry and review of data
- Ensure recruitment activities adhere to regulatory guidelines, company procedures and standards of practice, as well as, are in compliance with sponsor-specific protocols
- Assists in the day to day operations, as needed and as assigned, such as: answering phone calls, scheduling patients
- Adheres to ICTC Policies and Procedures, Employee Guidebook and Standard Operating Procedures
- Completes Continuing Education/In-service Education Requirements in the designated timeframe
- Completes protocol training and attends SIV meetings on new studies, as required; and completes monthly training questionnaires
- Maintains current training in the following areas: OSHA training regarding Bloodborne Pathogens; Basic Life Support (BLS) and AED training
- Consistently demonstrates support for compliance in the performance of job duties and responsibilities by developing and maintaining knowledge of and performing job functions in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and statutes that affect the Recruitment Specialist job function.
- Maintains a cooperative, helpful and pleasant affect, creating and/or contributing to an atmosphere of collaboration and team cohesiveness
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Site Operations to ensure the continuing success of ICTC
- Provide support for front office check-in during scheduled PTO. Answering phones and scheduling patients.
- Physically capable of lifting, moving or transporting supplies, medical records and equipment within reasonable weight limits. Physically capable of reading and reviewing handwritten chart notations. Physically capable of bending, sitting or standing for extended periods of time, reaching and climbing to retrieve or store medical records. Physically capable of manually entering data into an electronic database using a keyboard. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Fast-paced clinical research center environment. Must be able to adjust and adapt to changing conditions.
- High School Diploma with experience in recruitment and marketing, preferably in a medically related field.
- Maintain the highest level of professional conduct in the presence of investigators, subjects, research staff, sponsors, clinical research specialists, etc.
- Computer skills with capability of using clinical trial databases, electronic data capture, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate clearly using excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Possess exceptional organizational and prioritization skills as demonstrated by planning objectives and strategies to optimize recruitment potential; maintain order; and ensure assignments are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Ability to problem-solve, facilitate work flow, and utilize negotiation skills to achieve expected results.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, as well as, work collaboratively utilizing excellent interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and detail oriented
About The Indiana Clinical Trials Center
The Indiana Clinical Trials Center (ICTC) is a comprehensive and highly experienced clinical research site focusing primarily on Phase I – IV dermatologic clinical trials. ICTC is a successful extension of The Dermatology Center of Indiana (DCI) located in Plainfield, Indiana.
For patients struggling with difficult, complex, and many times chronic conditions, ICTC gives them the opportunity to participate in cutting edge research that can help them overcome and improve their situations. In enrolling such patients at high levels, we always conduct such clinical trials under the guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
For sponsors, we pride ourselves on enrolling appropriate patients at high levels. In addition and more importantly, we promise to provide our sponsors with outstanding, complete, detailed data for each of their studies.
Ultimately and at all times, our patients’ safety and best interests are of utmost importance to us.
Something looks off?