Summit Dermatology Partners
Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Senior Accountant
Optima Dermatology is recruiting a Senior Accountant to join our Practice Support Center, based in Portsmouth, NH.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant ensures the accurate and timely financial reporting for the organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing financial records, regulating, and authenticating financial transactions, maintaining accuracy of accounting tasks, balancing accounts, and verifying bank statements on behalf of the company.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal policies and procedures.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- in preparing and filing various tax returns, including sales tax, use tax, and property tax.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, including trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors and vendors.
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff members as needed.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in accounting or finance, in healthcare preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Sage or similar platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
About Optima Dermatology
At Optima Dermatology, our mission to revolutionize skin care is made possible by our world class team that is highly engaged, mission-driven, and inspired to set the new standard in dermatology. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster a collaborative environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues you are proud to call your teammates.
Something looks off?