Vice President, Operations
Vice President of Operations
Based in Prince Frederick, Maryland. This candidate must possess the ability to be geographically flexible and willing to travel.
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: To consistently provide first class solutions for our customers and community. We achieve that by being people focused and creating unparalleled career growth opportunities for our team. We attract and develop the most passionate talent in our region by concentrating on growth and operational excellence.
The VP of Operations is a critical player in the Calvert Operations team, and responsible for overseeing and managing the administrative and logistical aspects of all operations. The professional will have responsibilities that span across the Calvert Operations and cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of the highest level of quality. The professional is ultimately responsible for all revenue generating functions (operations and sales), including talent development and operational execution to ensure continued business growth, maximizing efficiency and resource utilization through continual process improvements of the operation. The professional shall deliver on hers/his responsibilities in alignment with the direction set by the President.
- Provide leadership and management support to the operations and sales departments
- Ensure departments are meeting annual sales and margin goals
- Set strategic goals related to improving departmental performance and efficiency, aligned with One Page Plan
- Oversee recruiting and training efforts to meet departmental needs
- Develop highly motivated and effective teams
- Collaborate and communicate with company executives to develop and deliver on OPP, budgets and business plans
- Conduct manager performance reviews
- Prepare business plans, budgets and schedules including but not limited to current pipeline and backlog
- Continual analysis of departmental operations looking for areas of improvement and provide managers the resources they need
- Ensure managers comply with company and legal requirements as well as meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Understand conflicts with teams and provide solutions
- Actively engage in prospecting potential new business or markets
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes to provide visibility into the goals, progress, and obstacles of key initiatives
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for day-to-day operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies for ensuring the growth of programs company-wide, and implement process improvements to maximize output and minimize costs
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary
- Proficient in analyzing contractual review and identifying risks
- Provide leadership and management support while ensuring Operations-related policies and standards are implemented, improved, and upheld
- Minimal of 5 years of proven and successful experience in the construction industry; mechanical preferred
- Verifiable leadership experience and capabilities, with past successful project execution
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution.
- Working knowledge of necessary industry-related tools & equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of the construction & service mindset
- Experience with computer operating systems, such as MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Planner, MS Teams, MS Schedule, Dropbox, PDF forms & creator
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insight into project details.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a passion for ensuring projects proceed efficiently and effectively.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced project environment
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
At Orion, we believe in a people-first approach to hiring. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we want to create a white glove experience for everyone who works with us, from candidates to full-time employees.
We believe in growth. Both for our company, and for our employees. We want to create an environment that fosters continuous learning and development, where everyone can reach their full potential and contribute to the success of the company.
Collaboration is a key value for us. We know that the best ideas come from working together and we want to create a culture where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and work together to achieve our goals.
At the same time, we are committed to ethical behavior and doing things the right way. We believe that success is not just about winning, but about winning with integrity and respect for our customers, employees, and the broader community.
Finally, we believe in being of use. We want to build products and services that truly make a difference. We want our employees to feel like they are making a meaningful contribution through their work.
In short, we are all-in on creating a workplace where people come first, where growth and collaboration are key, where we do things the right way and we strive to be of use to the world.