Director of Capital Projects
CS Hudson is a leading management firm supporting facilities, capital projects and immersive retail activations nationwide. Our passion for giving back to the community, renowned industry expertise and purpose-built solutions allow us to help you deliver a masterful brand experience. We provide innovative project and program management services for clients with dispersed portfolios in all commercial sectors. When we started in this business, we set out to change the way multi-site projects are managed — to excel at being customer-centric, solution-driven and dependable. Today, our clients view us, not just as another vendor, but as a trusted advisor and partner. We pride ourselves in building long-term relationships based on integrity, respect and a genuine commitment to exceeding expectations.
The Director of Capital Projects reports directly to Co-CEOs and serves as a member of the Executive Team. Is an experienced projects executive who has generated a significant impact through the strategic and tactical direction of the company. This position will hire, train, and develop director-level/senior project managers in their daily activities to ensure the department maintains profitability. In addition, as a member of the Executive team, the Director of Capital Projects presents a high level of professionalism and acts as a role model for the Company.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequently reviews or identifies coaching and development opportunities for all members under their supervised portfolio. Has a strong pulse on the capabilities and talents of all portfolio positions.
- Support in escalation of Employee relation issues and relay issues to the CEO and/or Human Resources, as needed.
- Provide leadership and direction to project team members, ensuring they are well-coordinated and working towards common goals.
- Engage the team in collaborative planning to enhance productivity and efficiency throughout the department.
- Present weighted feedback on Project department team members' annual reviews and support career growth and development opportunities.
- Collaborate with top-level management to develop and implement strategies that align with the organization's overall objectives.
- Create and build organic growth opportunities through existing client relationships to achieve maximum revenue growth using verbal and written communication.
- Cultivate and nurture an external network of contacts to expand the company's reach and enhance brand visibility and perspective.
Internal Quality Assurance
- Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure products and services meet established standards.
- Facilitate departmental workflow optimization meetings to improve processes, manage methods, and reduce project timelines, to generate higher ROI for open projects.
- Manage proposal process for clients and vendors, including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
- Provide high-level client reporting and client trends to the Executive team during reoccurring meeting cadence.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitor metrics to evaluate the performance of operational processes and teams.
- Investigate and Identify opportunities for process optimization that enhance productivity. Present improved workflow suggestions to the CEO. Introduce the approved processes to department team members and implement changes for optimal performance.
- Participate in site visits to source opportunities for enhancing margins and for the overall success of the project.
- Prepare detailed High-Level Estimates (HLE) for projects ranging from $5000-$300,000 in single location value, including new builds, renovations, and multi-scope, multi-trade site rollouts.
- Analyz architectural documents and project plans to ensure the execution of all awarded projects.
- Identify capital improvement opportunities within existing client relationships by coordinating with the Operations department’s Repair and Maintenance Division leaders.
- Allocate and manage department resources, including personnel, budget, and technology, to support the organization's operational goals.
- Collaborate with external vendors and suppliers to ensure a seamless supply chain and effective vendor partnerships. Including but not limited to participating in vendor negotiations, to ensure cost efficiency and bid accuracy.
- Cooperate with 3rd party staffing agencies to provide supervision at client site locations that provide oversight of client projects to ensure they are meeting the agreed schedule and budget.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks to prevent disruptions to business operations.
- Ensure compliance by adhering to relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Perform job audits to ensure the highest standard of ethics is being met and opportunities to surpass client expectations are achieved.
- Manage department OPEX to identify opportunities to streamline costs, minimize inefficiencies, align the budget with organizational strategy, and achieve department objectives.
- Communication Skills
- Technology Skills
- Collaboration / Teamwork Skills
- Interpersonal Capability
- Planning & Organization Skills (Research)
- Project Management Skills
- Time Management
- Problem-Solving Capabilities
At Orion, we believe in a people-first approach to hiring. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we want to create a white glove experience for everyone who works with us, from candidates to full-time employees.
We believe in growth. Both for our company, and for our employees. We want to create an environment that fosters continuous learning and development, where everyone can reach their full potential and contribute to the success of the company.
Collaboration is a key value for us. We know that the best ideas come from working together and we want to create a culture where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and work together to achieve our goals.
At the same time, we are committed to ethical behavior and doing things the right way. We believe that success is not just about winning, but about winning with integrity and respect for our customers, employees, and the broader community.
Finally, we believe in being of use. We want to build products and services that truly make a difference. We want our employees to feel like they are making a meaningful contribution through their work.
In short, we are all-in on creating a workplace where people come first, where growth and collaboration are key, where we do things the right way and we strive to be of use to the world.