Director of Finance
As Director of Finance, you will lead an Orion operating company’s financial operations team. This includes responsibility for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, budgeting, financial planning, and financial analysis. Reporting to the President, you will manage, train, and evaluate accounting and finance team members, and you will provide critical insight and recommendations to the executive leadership team to drive the company’s financial success. This is a great opportunity to join and lead a fast growing, entrepreneurial company with the
support of a partner ecosystem in the Orion Group. The right individual will need to be comfortable with ambiguity, effective in change management and have an incessant desire to build a highly successful business from the ground up as we scale quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO THIS ROLE
- Support strategic decision-making with data-driven insights, analysis, and forecasts.
- Draft and submit consolidated service line financial reporting to the President and Orion’s Holding Company team.
- Lead the operating company’s budgeting process support the hiring, evaluation, and development of accounting and billing talent
Track, benchmark, analyze and develop KPIs to develop strategic solutions.
- Develop key strategic cost and revenue opportunities across the company drive financial process improvement (i.e. payroll processes, stretching payables, etc.)
- Support implementation of ERPs, accounting tools, and other systems
- Partner with the President in assessing tuck-in M&A opportunities.
WHAT EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING TO Orion
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related quantitative field.
8+ years’ experience in strategic finance or business operations role (start-ups,
consulting, banking, private equity, etc.).
- Excellent prioritization skills combined with ability to keep the big picture front and
- Ability to simplify complex issues, influence decision makers, and drive consensus.
- Strong working knowledge of industry business models, metrics, and frameworks.
- Ability to deeply understand requirements and analyze data to solve complex
- High degree of autonomy and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Intermediate-level proficiency with Excel, data visualization tools, and reporting tools