President, Orion Operating Company
We are seeking a highly driven, people-focused, and business-savvy President to lead one of our portfolio companies. The President will be responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the company, driving growth and profitability, and building and leading a high-performing team. The President will have full accountability for achieving the company's financial and operational objectives. The ideal candidate will possess a strong track record of success in leadership roles, with a passion for driving results, inspiring teams, and creating value through strategic decision-making.
To be successful in this role, you will need to live Orion’s values, have a strong background in operations and sales, a working knowledge of finance, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with an excitement to take any business you lead into its next chapter.
This position is based in Jamesburg, New Jersey. This candidate must possess the ability to be geographically flexible and wiling to travel.
The President will work closely with the operational leadership at each business, the controller, and administrative manager to oversee the direction and growth of the business. Job responsibilities include:
- Creating and implementing both long and short-term strategic plans for the organization in partnership with the Orion Group CEO
- Building and developing a top-notch management team across all company branches
- Overseeing the organization's operations to ensure excellence and strategic goals are achieved
- Driving company-wide growth defined by the strategic plan, both organically and inorganically
- Owning key customer relationships and company-wide sales outcomes
- Owning company-wide financial outcomes, including KPIs, budget creation & adherence, and employee and customer satisfaction
- Managing and mentoring managers across all businesses, including leadership development and succession planning
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and strong, lasting customer relationships
- Partnering with the broader Orion Services Group network to improve performance and identify opportunities across the group
This is a collection of skills/competencies that we believe would make someone successful in this role.
- Proactive, eager and takes initiative
- Bias to action with a strong urgency and ability to learn quickly
- Growth mindset
People Leadership & Development
- Demonstrates servant leadership
- Prioritizes people development and empowers leaders
- Has experience building, leading, inspiring and motivating large teams
- Strong self-awareness and a keen instinct to continually grow
- Financial acumen, strategic planning skills, and strong analysis skills
- Problem-solving skills and ability to understand data
- P&L Ownership and overall business strategy
- Commercial Instinct - understands the short and long-term implication of decisions
At Orion, we believe in a people-first approach to hiring. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we want to create a white glove experience for everyone who works with us, from candidates to full-time employees.
We believe in growth. Both for our company, and for our employees. We want to create an environment that fosters continuous learning and development, where everyone can reach their full potential and contribute to the success of the company.
Collaboration is a key value for us. We know that the best ideas come from working together and we want to create a culture where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and work together to achieve our goals.
At the same time, we are committed to ethical behavior and doing things the right way. We believe that success is not just about winning, but about winning with integrity and respect for our customers, employees, and the broader community.
Finally, we believe in being of use. We want to build products and services that truly make a difference. We want our employees to feel like they are making a meaningful contribution through their work.
In short, we are all-in on creating a workplace where people come first, where growth and collaboration are key, where we do things the right way and we strive to be of use to the world.