General Manager, Orion Operating Company
General Manager, Helios HVACR
The General Manager will oversee all aspects of the Midwest region of Helios HVACR as well as oversee the subsidiary brands that are local within that region. This starts with leading the company towards aggressive growth and world class customer success in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) industry. The successful candidate will have strong people leadership skills, have a growth mindset, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Based in Chicago, Illinois. This candidate must possess the ability to be geographically flexible and willing to travel.
- Direct and manage overall regional operations to ensure excellent customer service, quality control, and profitability.
- Collaborate with other General Managers to continuously build cohesion between all regions of Helios HVACR.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and growth goals for the region.
- Build a high-performance team of leaders in the organization.
- Develop and maintain operations policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Oversee the financial operations of the company, including managing budgets and financial objectives, tracking sales, controlling expenses, and providing financial reporting to the Regional President, VP of Finance, and CEO.
- Build long-term business relationships with clients and partner Operating Companies.
This is a collection of skills/competencies that we believe would make someone successful in this role.
- Proactive, eager and takes initiative
- Bias to action with a strong urgency and ability to learn quickly
- Growth mindset
People Leadership & Development
- Demonstrates servant leadership
- Prioritizes people development and empowers leaders
- Has experience building, leading, inspiring and motivating large teams
- Strong self-awareness and a keen instinct to continually grow
- Financial acumen, strategic planning skills, and strong analysis skills
- Problem-solving skills and ability to understand data
- P&L Ownership and overall business strategy
- Commercial Instinct - understands the short and long-term implication of decisions
At Orion, we believe in a people-first approach to hiring. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we want to create a white glove experience for everyone who works with us, from candidates to full-time employees.
We believe in growth. Both for our company, and for our employees. We want to create an environment that fosters continuous learning and development, where everyone can reach their full potential and contribute to the success of the company.
Collaboration is a key value for us. We know that the best ideas come from working together and we want to create a culture where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and work together to achieve our goals.
At the same time, we are committed to ethical behavior and doing things the right way. We believe that success is not just about winning, but about winning with integrity and respect for our customers, employees, and the broader community.
Finally, we believe in being of use. We want to build products and services that truly make a difference. We want our employees to feel like they are making a meaningful contribution through their work.
In short, we are all-in on creating a workplace where people come first, where growth and collaboration are key, where we do things the right way and we strive to be of use to the world.