Private Equity Investing Associate
ORION GROUP OVERVIEW
Orion Group is a holding company focused on investing in leading field services businesses. Since inception in 2020, Orion has grown rapidly, investing in over twenty-five businesses across multiple field services markets. Orion is backed by Alpine Investors, a private equity firm with $7bn in assets under management specializing in middle market services and software companies. Orion’s Co-CEO helped start Alpine in 2001 and the leadership team brings experience from Alpine, Blackstone, McKinsey, and One Rock Capital.
Orion Group is hiring an Investing Associate to be an integral part of its investing efforts. Associates will have responsibilities that span the entire M&A transaction process: financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation, investment thesis presentations, transaction structuring, Letter of Intent negotiation, financial and operational due diligence, third party advisor management (legal, accounting, market consultants), legal documentation, debt financing and seller relationship management.
The role is a unique opportunity to gain extensive private equity deal experience and leadership opportunities in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Associates are expected to interact directly with sellers from day 1 and rapidly develop to lead transaction processes. Successful professionals will be offered a significant amount of upward mobility through a variety of career paths within Orion.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an analytical finance role
- Minimum 3.7 GPA in undergraduate studies
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Sound strategic and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Enthusiastic, personable, positive attitude, and high integrity
- Persistent, proactive, self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Detail orientated and organized
- Ability to learn quickly and can grasp complicated financial and business concepts
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in role
- Strong interest in private equity, M&A, business and finance
COMPENSATION AND TIMING
A competitive compensation package will be offered. Start dates are flexible.
Orion Group is an equal opportunity employer.