Private Equity Investing Analyst
Orion Group is a private equity-backed company focused on investing in leading field services businesses. Since inception in 2020, Orion has grown rapidly, investing in twenty businesses across Commercial HVAC, Facilities Maintenance, and Landscaping. Orion is backed by Alpine Investors, a private equity firm with $7bn in assets under management specializing in middle market services and software companies. Orion’s Co-CEO helped start Alpine in 2001 and the leadership team brings experience from Alpine, Blackstone, McKinsey, and One Rock Capital.
INVESTING ANALYST POSITION
Orion was founded on the belief that empowering young leaders generates exceptional results. The Private Equity Investing Analyst will have responsibilities that span the entire deal transaction process and are well beyond the scope of a typical entry-level private equity position, including: financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation, investment committee presentations, transaction structuring, Letter of Intent negotiation, accounting, operational and legal due diligence, third party advisor management (lawyers, CPAs, consultants), debt financing, and seller relationship management.
The role is a unique opportunity to gain extensive private equity deal experience and leadership opportunities in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The role begins with in-depth training – working directly with Orion’s senior leadership to develop skills as an investor. Private Equity Investing Analysts are expected to interact directly with sellers from day 1 and rapidly develop to lead transaction processes. Successful professionals will be offered a significant amount of upward mobility through a variety of career paths within Orion.
- Expected to graduate a 4-year degree program in Spring 2024
- Minimum 3.7 GPA
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Analytical mindset and quantitative experience
- Strong oral and written communication
- Sound strategic and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and high integrity
- Persistent, proactive, and self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Detail orientated and organized
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp financial/business terminology and concepts
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in the role
- Strong interest in private equity, M&A, business, and finance
A competitive compensation package will be offered with an expected start date around August 5th, 2024.
Orion Group is an equal opportunity employer.