Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Financial Controller
Optima Dermatology is recruiting a Financial Controller to join our Practice Support Center, based in Portsmouth, NH.
Optima Dermatology is revolutionizing skin care. Our mission centers on creating greater access to expert dermatology care and delivering an unparalleled patient experience. And we’re building a world-class finance team to achieve this mission. In Finance, we are responsible for creating, reporting, and delivering financial data quickly and accurately by using the latest innovative technology to help all of Optima achieve this mission. The Financial Controller will join our Finance team to help provide world class data and analytics support to our Practice Support Center functions here in Portsmouth, NH. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the Role (Responsibilities):
In Optima Finance, we are committed to providing world-class support to our clinical partners and operations teams by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. As a member of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain financial systems, policies, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Be the in-house expert on the latest Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and tax rules.
- Manage the company’s accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and banking relationships.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, including tax laws and accounting standards.
- Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure timely completion of audits and regulatory filings.
- Provide financial leadership and support to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Provide financial analysis and support to the executive team, including preparing financial models and forecasts.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including investors, lenders, and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans and annual budgets.
You’ll Need to Have (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management, experience in healthcare management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, as well as tax laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven track record of ssuccessfully lead a team of financial professionals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with financial modeling and forecasting
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.