Part Time Biologics Coordinator - Patient Services
Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Patient Services Biologics Coordinator
Optima Dermatology is recruiting a part time (up to 30 hours/week) Patient Services Biologics Coordinator to join our Practice Support Center, based in Portsmouth, NH. Hybrid and remote opportunities available.
A Biologic Coordinator on the Patient Services team is responsible for providing world-class customer service to all callers, Optima Dermatology patients and community members. They are responsible for building strong relationships, communicating effectively, and performing at a high level consistently to support assigned practices. Utilizing multiple systems and leveraging technology, they address all Biologics new starts, reauthorizations, appeals, denials, and other requests from our practices.
They will work as a team with the medical assistants and scheduling coordinators to support patient/caller needs within their scope. They will communicate updates with the provider, office staff, patients, specialty pharmacies, and pharmaceutical companies/hub vendors. They provide detailed information regarding status updates on biologics, support patients throughout the process, maintain communication with all parties, and plan for continued support, while maintaining compliance.
A Biologic Coordinator maintains active involvement in the industry and keeps the organization informed of updates and programs. They also stay up to date with our Clinical Research Trials and will refer potential patients that may be candidates for trials.
- Answer Biologic incoming calls and voicemails to practices and direct patients as needed
- Process all new starts, and existing prior authorizations, appeals, etc.
- Educate patients on next steps for therapy, both after approval and denials
- Assist patients in getting enrolled in pap programs
- Work with specialty pharmacies and hub vendors
- Send and refill prescriptions to specialty pharmacies
- Reviews medical history and counsel patients regarding their clinical status and needs
- Assist patients in staying compliant with biologic medication
- Knowledgeable of all biologics and each assistance program
- Provides patient instructions verbally or in writing when necessary for Biologics
- Demonstrates effective call handling, including upset/dissatisfied customers
- Ability to manage calls in an organized manner, including trouble shooting issues and actively problem solving
- Ability to perform at high levels in listening skills and problem analysis.
- Works collaboratively with staff across service lines
- Displays in-depth knowledge of all departments at Summit
- Follows all HIPAA guidelines and complies with annual training
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity towards patient/family rights
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations
- Ability to perform job duties at high levels using computer-based scheduling programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical experience/two years’ experience with biologics
- Prior dermatology experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to use of proper grammar and phone etiquette
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: must be able to work with a team and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent active listening skills and problem-solving ability
- Must be able to maintain composure and professionalism even during high stress situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
The position will offer competitive compensation. In addition, it will offer the personal reward associated with transforming our patients’ lives and building the most defensible healthcare services platform in the country.
Our benefits include generous health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
About Optima Dermatology
At Optima Dermatology, our mission to revolutionize skin care is made possible by our world class team that is highly engaged, mission-driven, and inspired to set the new standard in dermatology. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster a collaborative environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues you are proud to call your teammates.