Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Medical Receptionist
The Dermatology Center of Indiana is recruiting an experienced part time Medical Receptionist to join our growing Dermatology and Medical Aesthetics group in Zionsville, IN.
The following is an overview of the essential job functions and responsibilities, this may not be an all-encompassing list:
- Performs general administrative duties, which include answering telephone, keyboarding, filing, scanning, copying, and maintaining records, faxing, checking EMR fax inbox several times daily.
- Schedules appointments and procedures.
- Validates patients’ insurance coverage.
- Responsible for making pre-op calls to surgery patients and checking authorizations and pre-certifications for the next day.
- Makes confirmation calls regarding upcoming patient appointments and helps maintain a full patient schedule.
- Greets patients and families upon arrival to the Center.
- Maintains petty cash in conjunction with the Benefit’s Department.
- Collects all co-pays and deductibles, and co-insurance as needed.
- Performs charge entry functions in conjunction with the Benefit’s Department.
- Completes all close of day activities.
- Collects mail and gives to supervisor for opening and organization.
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Secures signature and/or documentation of authorization for invoice payment if needed.
- Responds to requests for medical record information from patients, physician offices, and other outside sources.
- Maintains patient database.
- Performs transcription and data entry as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining stock for front office and coffee room.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the secretarial field. Must have the ability to perform data input, computer operations, verbal and written communications, math, medical terminology and demonstrate creativity.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Prefers 1 to 3 years of secretarial or general clerical experience.
- Previous skills in healthcare are desirable.
- Computer skills a must.
About The Dermatology Center of Indiana
At The Dermatology Center of Indiana, our mission to revolutionize skin care starts by partnering with outstanding, industry-leading dermatologists. We strive to be the best in everything we do, and we take pride in creating environments where our physicians and providers excel. Our powerhouse practice support and back-office teams are 100% focused on ensuring all aspects of the practice are optimized to fully support our exceptional providers. Our comprehensive approach gives our dermatologists the tools and the time to focus on doing what they love—providing great patient care. If you want to join a team dedicated to revolutionizing dermatology, we’d love to connect with you.