Mohs Hisotech - Macedonia
Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Mohs Histotech
Optima Dermatology is recruiting an experienced per diem Mohs Histotech to join our growing Dermatology group in Macedonia, OH.
We are seeking a hard-working, energetic, and optimistic teammate to join us as a Mohs Histotech! Join our amazing team that values each individual employee for their unique gifts and talents in a family-feel environment. We support each other in perfecting our skills and highly value cross-training.
The following is an overview of the essential job functions and responsibilities, this may not be an all-encompassing list:
- Embed, cut, stain, and mount frozen tissue specimens following established policies, procedures, and laboratory standards
- Mounts, labels and distributes prepared microscope slides to Mohs surgeon
- Replaces reagents and performs daily maintenance and automated instrumentation and assist in overall maintenance of lab and equipment
- Files surgical slides for storage
- Documents and quality control slides
- Preparing surgery suites and assist surgeon through the procedures as needed
- Manage and maintain CLIA certification and appropriate logs in cooperation with Optima’s Director of Training and Compliance
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements concerning chemical hygiene and bloodborne pathogens
- Knowledge and understanding of technical aspects in the areas of histology, laboratory techniques, and quality control
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, physicians, and patients
- Prior hands on laboratory experience preferred.
- Prior dermatology experience is a plus, Mohs experience preferred
- Prior EMR experience
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a highly technical, stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity when handling specimens, slides and utilizing instrumentation.
- Ability to safely handle potentially carcinogenic substances, odorous and other hazardous materials to which they may be exposed.
The position will offer competitive compensation. In addition, it will offer the personal reward associated with transforming our patients’ lives and building the most defensible healthcare services platform in the country.
Our benefits include generous health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
About Optima Dermatology
At Optima Dermatology, our mission to revolutionize skin care is made possible by our world class team that is highly engaged, mission-driven, and inspired to set the new standard in dermatology. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster a collaborative environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues you are proud to call your teammates.