Who you are:
FEV Tutor is seeking an influential and experienced Science Specialist to join our Curriculum and Instruction Team in our mission to close the educational equity gap in the United States. Highly collaborative and attuned to the needs of our internal stakeholders and the students we support, you use strong active listening, communication, and leadership skills to develop evidence-based curriculum and shape learning plan design. Technically savvy, you utilize research, data, and current standards to develop learning experiences that enhance the virtual education experience and drive adoption of FEV’s solution.
About the role:
The Science Specialist is responsible for leading the direction of the science curriculum and instruction for K-12 students. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on students through innovative virtual tutoring solutions. This role collaborates across departments to help design relevant science curriculum and serve as an expert to influence product solutions, guide our tutors, and incorporate feedback from FEVs sales and customer experience teams surrounding content and instruction. This role also supports external stakeholders, working in tandem with sales and CX teams to drive adoption and renewal.
What You’ll do:
- Use research, evidence, and data to develop and enhance FEV Tutor’s K-12 science curriculum, ensuring alignment with national and state standards.
- Work closely with the Tutoring Operations Team to implement curriculum and give direction on learning plan design
- Provide training and professional development to tutors, empowering them to deliver high-quality instruction
- Work closely with the Product Team to identify and implement features, tools, and resources that enhance instruction on the virtual tutoring platform
- Serve as FEV Tutor’s go-to resource addressing inquiries related to science content and instruction
- Consult and provide guidance to district leaders on science tutoring program design to influence and close business deals
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Science, Math, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in science education, across multiple grade levels (K-12) and ideally 1+ year in EdTech.
- Strong content knowledge and expertise in science content, instructional methods, and assessment practices.
- Additional background in K-12 Math is a strongly preferred
- Familiarity with national and state standards
- Experience in instructional design and curriculum development, including the use of technology and digital resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to curriculum and instruction
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving educational technology environment
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Creative and innovative approach to designing engaging science activities and lessons
- Ability to mentor and support tutors in delivering effective instruction
- Proficiency in using educational technology tools and resources to enhance learning experiences
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a love for science among K-12 students
- Special Education experience is a plus
- Knowledge of virtual tutoring platforms and online learning environments is a plus