Who you are:
FEV Tutor is seeking an influential and experienced Literacy Specialist to join our Curriculum and Instruction Team in our mission to close the educational equity gap in the United States. Highly collaborative and attuned to the needs of our internal stakeholders and the students we support, you use strong active listening, communication, and leadership skills to develop evidence-based curriculum and shape learning plan design. Technically savvy, you utilize research, data, and current standards to develop learning experiences that enhance the virtual education experience and drive adoption of FEV’s solution.
About the role:
The Literacy Specialist is responsible for leading the direction of the literacy curriculum and instruction for K-12 students. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the literacy development of students through innovative virtual tutoring solutions. This role collaborates across departments to help design relevant literacy curriculum and serve as an expert to influence product solutions, guide our tutors, and incorporate feedback from FEVs sales and customer experience teams surrounding content and instruction. This role also supports external stakeholders, working in tandem with sales and CX teams to drive adoption and renewal.
What You’ll do:
- Use research, evidence, and data to develop and enhance FEV Tutor’s K-12 ELA/literacy curriculum, ensuring alignment with national and state standards.
- Work closely with the Tutoring Operations Team to implement ELA/literacy curriculum and give direction on learning plan design
- Provide training and professional development to tutors, empowering them to deliver high-quality instruction
- Work closely with the Product Team to identify and implement features, tools, and resources that enhance literacy instruction on the virtual tutoring platform
- Serve as FEV Tutor’s go-to resource addressing inquiries related to ELA/literacy content and instruction
- Consult and provide guidance to district leaders on ELA/literacy tutoring program design to influence and close business deals
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, English, Language Arts, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in ELA/literacy education, with a focus on reading and writing instruction across multiple grade levels (K-12) and 1+ year in EdTech..
- Strong content knowledge and expertise in literacy development, instructional methods, and assessment practices.
- Familiarity with national and state standards
- Experience in instructional design and curriculum development, including the use of technology and digital resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to curriculum and instruction
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving educational technology environment
- Passion for education and a deep understanding of the importance of literacy development in students
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Creative and innovative approach to designing engaging literacy activities and lessons
- Ability to mentor and support tutors in delivering effective literacy instruction
- Proficiency in using educational technology tools and resources to enhance literacy learning experiences
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a love for reading and language arts among K-12 students
- Special Education experience is a plus
- Knowledge of virtual tutoring platforms and online learning environments is a plus
Who we are: FEV Tutor is an innovative edtech company that is passionately dedicated to driving improved educational outcomes in K-12 students across the United States. Founded to make high-quality online instruction available to as many students as possible, we are a SaaS virtual tutoring business that provides 1:1 and small group tutoring to predominantly disadvantaged and at-risk students.
Our critical solution to the sustained learning loss and teacher shortages caused by the pandemic has been met with measurable and clear results, and our solutions are built by and for educators. We involve our students' teachers, administrators, parents, and families in the creation of innovative tutoring programs that serve as a natural extension of the student's core classroom.
Recently acquired by Alpine Investors, a people-driven private equity firm, we are poised for growth and committed to building enduring companies by working with, learning from, and developing exceptional people. As we grow, we are dedicated to strengthening our culture of inclusion, creating diverse teams, and giving everyone an equitable opportunity to succeed.
At FEV Tutor, we believe in supporting our employees in both their professional and personal lives. We offer a range of benefits and perks that make it an awesome place to work, including a remote-first approach, high growth opportunities, competitive health and welfare benefits, generous paid time off and holidays, and a fun culture that prioritizes professional and personal growth while encouraging work/life balance.
If you are passionate about education and driven to close social inequity gaps, we invite you to join our team of like-minded individuals who are working towards a more equitable educational future for our youth.