ELA Reading Comprehension Curriculum Developer (Grades 6-8) - Contract
POSITION: ELA Curriculum Framework Developer (GRADES 6- 8) - Contract
FEV Tutor is the market leader in High-Impact Tutoring for learning acceleration. We deliver live online 1:1 and small group tutoring sessions using our standards-aligned and research-based curriculum. We are seeking educators with instructional experience in grades 6-8 to create student-facing and tutor-facing ELA lessons. This is a remote, work-from-anywhere contract position.
Who You Are:
- Literacy specialists with deep knowledge of grades 6-8 reading comprehension instructional best practices
- Content writers able to break down complex subjects into engaging, clear, concise, and student-friendly language
- Self-motivated workers who have the ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
What You Will Do:
- Utilize standards cross-walking tools and ELA expertise to assemble a 6 -8 scope and sequence that covers reading comprehension, language & vocabulary, and writing
- Meet regularly with Literacy Specialist for planning and feedback sessions; integrate feedback into scope and sequence tasks
- Follow project plan timelines for submitting and revising scope and sequence tasks
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a directly related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience with 6-8 ELA curriculum development
- Familiar with CCSS and other state-specific ELA standards and instructional methods
- Experience with MS Office, Google Drive
- Experience working remotely
Who We Are:
FEV Tutor is an innovative edtech company that is passionately dedicated to driving improved educational outcomes in K-12 students across the United States. Founded to make high-quality online instruction available to as many students as possible, we are a SaaS virtual tutoring business that provides 1:1 and small group tutoring to predominantly disadvantaged and at-risk students.
Our critical solution to the sustained learning loss and teacher shortages caused by the pandemic has been met with measurable and clear results, and our solutions are built by and for educators. We involve our students' teachers, administrators, parents, and families in the creation of innovative tutoring programs that serve as a natural extension of the student's core classroom.
Recently acquired by Alpine Investors, a people-driven private equity firm, we are poised for growth and committed to building enduring companies by working with, learning from, and developing exceptional people. As we grow, we are dedicated to strengthening our culture of inclusion, creating diverse teams, and giving everyone an equitable opportunity to succeed.
At FEV Tutor, we believe in supporting our employees in both their professional and personal lives. We offer a range of benefits and perks that make it an awesome place to work, including a remote-first approach, high growth opportunities, competitive health and welfare benefits, generous paid time off and holidays, and a fun culture that prioritizes professional and personal growth while encouraging work/life balance.
If you are passionate about education and driven to close social inequity gaps, we invite you to join our team of like-minded individuals who are working towards a more equitable educational future for our youth.