Deal Origination Operations Manager
Evergreen Services Group
Evergreen Services Group is a San Francisco based holding company that acquires and operates B2B services companies across North America. Since its founding in late 2017, Evergreen has completed 70+ acquisitions across Managed IT Services, Cybersecurity, Financial Software and Government Services. We are driven by a people first mission to marry capital allocation with inspired operations, thus creating North America’s best home for businesses.
The Evergreen holding company team is comprised of 35+ professionals based in San Francisco who are focused on capital allocation, M&A, executive level hiring, strategic board leadership, and finance and accounting. Evergreen is a uniquely long-term oriented holding company that seeks to hold and grow businesses indefinitely rather than follow the 5-7 year holding period of a typical private equity fund. This allows us to take a truly long-term view on performance and people. Evergreen is backed by Alpine Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on the services and software industries with $15B+ in AUM.
This is a distinct opportunity to join an expanding hold-forever private equity firm and be an integral member of Evergreen’s fast growing Deal Origination team in a brand new role. We're searching for a Deal Origination Operations Manager who is proactive and ready to step in and keep deal origination operations running smoothly, while also developing and implementing strategies and analysis to drive growth. This position, based in San Francisco, reports directly to our Co-Founder & M&A Partner Ramsey Sahyoun, and offers a competitive compensation package alongside full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k match), and unlimited PTO.
As our first ever Deal Origination Operations Manager, you’ll work with the leader of the Deal Origination team to drive operational excellence. You will also assist with the day to day administration of our CRM (Dealcloud), and operational tasks. The Sales Operations Manager is a high value-add to the sourcing team, enabling growth, and increasing deal origination productivity by providing effective methodologies, efficient processes, pertinent insight, and strategic partnership to sourcing leadership. This role is ideal for those who are comfortable with a fast pace and ambiguity. Our ideal candidate is process-oriented, excels at developing strong relationships with stakeholders, and has an aptitude for data and numbers. Success in this role requires a motivation to roll up one’s sleeves, build processes from scratch, and the ability to manage time independently with a high degree of accountability.
- Manage and own operations practices for deal origination. Build and execute end-to-end operational processes and workflows to increase efficiency and productivity within the sourcing team.
- Maintain CRM, source reports and analyze data to understand trends and patterns and conduct M&A forecasting, create win/loss reports, and provide data-backed insight about the overall health of our sourcing function.
- Partner with Deal Origination leadership to track market penetration and provide thought partnership with scaling each of our verticals.
- Create and update marketing collateral for our deal origination function.
- Manage evaluation and implementation of new tools into our existing sourcing tools suite
- Create documentation surrounding processes, procedures, and best practices for our sourcing function.
- Handle sensitive materials and data while maintaining confidentiality.
- Manage performance reviews and feedback and provide insights to sourcing leadership based on this data.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree desired; or relevant equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in supporting enterprise sales environments, sales analytics, or similar operations roles.
- Proficient in CRM management and analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and goals of the sourcing team and drive appropriate processes to facilitate achievement of business objectives.
- Must have well developed capabilities at problem solving and crafting efficient processes.
- Results and success oriented, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and exceptional judgment and solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
The salary range for this role is $125,000 to $150,000 base + 10% bonus.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above qualifications. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Evergreen encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the requirements. We look forward to your application!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT EVERGREEN
At Evergreen, we acknowledge that an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion (“DE&I”) is essential to hiring phenomenal people. To create the best home for businesses and spark success at our firm and throughout our portfolio, we aim to establish an environment where every person is welcomed, accepted and empowered to excel in their role. These beliefs run true to our PeopleFirst philosophy, which emphasizes attributes over experience, we strive to recruit and work with those from a range of backgrounds, which drives creativity and innovation. At Evergreen, we recognize that we must continue to improve and expand and we are enthusiastic about maintaining Evergreen as one of the best places to work by ensuring a culture of inclusion and allowing everyone an unbiased opportunity to grow.
A competitive compensation package will be offered alongside our benefits package including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited PTO, 401(k) match, family planning support, and much more.
Evergreen Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.