Human Resources Director
Evergreen Services Group
Evergreen Services Group is a San Francisco based holding company that acquires and operates B2B services companies across North America. Since its founding in late 2017, Evergreen has completed 70+ acquisitions across Managed IT Services, Cybersecurity, Financial Software and Government Services. We are driven by a people first mission to marry capital allocation with inspired operations, thus creating North America’s best home for businesses.
The Evergreen holding company team is composed of 30+ professionals based in San Francisco who are focused on capital allocation, M&A, executive level hiring, strategic board leadership, and finance and accounting. Evergreen is a uniquely long-term oriented holding company that seeks to hold and grow businesses indefinitely rather than follow the 5-7 year holding period of a typical private equity fund. This allows us to take a truly long-term view on performance and people. Evergreen is backed by Alpine Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on the services and software industries with $16B+ in AUM.
This is a distinct opportunity to join an expanding hold-forever Private Equity firm and support the single biggest input to our success: our people. We're searching for a Director of Human Resources who is proactive and ready to step in to get things done, someone eager to scale with us and meaningfully contribute toward this vision. As Evergreen operates and grows, we want to continue to build the ideal home for businesses and their employees by developing a world-class People function.
As Evergreen’s first ever Director of Human Resources, you will serve as a strategic partner to Evergreen’s leadership team and own complex initiatives all while embracing a problem-solving and “roll up your sleeves” attitude. You will lead as a culture carrier for Evergreen and its subsidiaries.
This position, based in San Francisco, reports directly to our Chief People Officer, and offers a competitive compensation package alongside full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k match), and unlimited PTO.
- Serve as a strategic partner and provide expert guidance to Evergreen’s leadership team, employees and subsidiaries on a comprehensive range of HR topics. Including, but not limited to, people practices, talent development, performance management, HR systems, payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, immigration, and employee relations.
- Perform in-depth analyses of Evergreen’s operations to identify HR-driven enhancements to shape and advance the company’s People strategy, and actively execute and improve upon existing frameworks.
- Lead Evergreen’s end-to-end performance management process, ensuring it aligns with the company’s strategic goals and fosters a culture of high performance.
- Assume full responsibility for the administration of benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement, wellness, etc.), overseeing systems and serving as the main point of contact for brokers. Address specific employee inquiries and strategically evaluate and expand benefit’s offerings based on Evergreen's long-term strategic objectives.
- Maintain and enhance Evergreen’s HR policies and procedures, ensuring clear communication to employees and maintaining compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversee a flawless payroll process in partnership with PEO, ensuring accuracy and timeliness with established quality controls and streamlined procedures.
- Play an integral role in the onboarding and development of new employees, overseeing the process and conducting a positive onboarding learning experience.
- Facilitates the HR Council, which includes HR leaders from Evergreen and its subsidiaries, promoting open communication, collaboration, and the exchange of innovative ideas and best practices.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience with a commitment as a lifelong learner.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Human Resources and prior experience in an HR Director, HR Manager, and/or HR Business Partner role
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations (especially California laws and regulations).
- Deep expertise and understanding of HR’s role in the employee lifecycle.
- Strong communication and change management skills.
- You’re a “big picture thinker” and you thrive in an environment where you not only execute on tasks but you have ownership of end-to-end people strategies.
- You thrive in a small, growing, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- A customer-service mindset and a knack for problem-solving.
- A strong will-to-win that drives you to achieve results even in tough circumstances and pushes you to constantly learn and improve.
- Rigorous organization, detail orientation, and accountability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Team-player who meshes exceedingly well with our team, but also can thrive independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a bonus.
The salary range for this role is $120,000 to $150,000 base + 20% - 30% bonus.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above qualifications. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Evergreen encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the requirements. We look forward to your application!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT EVERGREEN
At Evergreen, we acknowledge that an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion (“DE&I”) is essential to hiring phenomenal people. To create the best home for businesses and spark success at our firm and throughout our portfolio, we aim to establish an environment where every person is welcomed, accepted and empowered to excel in their role. These beliefs run true to our PeopleFirst philosophy, which emphasizes attributes over experience, we strive to recruit and work with those from a range of backgrounds, which drives creativity and innovation. At Evergreen, we recognize that we must continue to improve and expand and we are enthusiastic about maintaining Evergreen as one of the best places to work by ensuring a culture of inclusion and allowing everyone an unbiased opportunity to grow.
A competitive compensation package will be offered alongside our benefits package including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited PTO, 401(k) match, family planning support, and much more.
Evergreen Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.