Human Resources Manager
Evergreen Services Group
This is a distinct opportunity to join an expanding hold-forever Private Equity firm and support the single biggest input to our success: our people. We're searching for an HR Manager who is proactive and ready to step in to get things done, someone eager to scale with us and meaningfully contribute toward this vision. As Evergreen operates and grows, we want to continue to build the ideal home for businesses and their employees by developing a world-class HR and People Ops function. This position, based in San Francisco, reports directly to our Chief People Officer, and offers a competitive compensation package alongside full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k match), and unlimited PTO.
- Is the go-to subject-matter-expert for Evergreen's employees and subsidiaries on HR best practices and resources including but not limited to: HR systems, payroll, benefits, performance management, leaves of absence, immigration, and employee relations.
- Maintains and enhances Evergreen’s HR policies and procedures, ensuring clear communication to employees and maintaining compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversees a flawless payroll process in partnership with PEO, ensuring accuracy and timeliness with established quality controls and streamlined procedures.
- Owns the administration of benefits, including overseeing systems, serving as the main point of contact with brokers, and leading the open enrollment process.
- Manages the onboarding of new employees and executes a seamless coordination and communication with the appropriate stakeholders at Evergreen's subsidiaries.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve existing processes, fostering efficiency and effectiveness across all HR operations as our business grows and scales.
- Facilitates the HR Council, which includes HR leaders from Evergreen and its subsidiaries, promoting open communication, collaboration, and the exchange of innovative ideas and best practices.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience with a commitment as a lifelong learner.
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources and prior experience in a Generalist or HR Business Partner role
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations (especially California laws and regulations).
- Deep expertise in benefits administration
- Strong communication and change management skills
- You thrive in a small, growing, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- A customer-service mindset and a knack for problem-solving.
- A strong will-to-win that drives you to achieve results even in tough circumstances and pushes you to constantly learn and improve.
- Rigorous organization, detail orientation, and accountability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Team-player who meshes exceedingly well with our team, but also can thrive independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a bonus.
The salary range for this role is $95,000 to $115,000 base + 20% bonus.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above qualifications. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Evergreen encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the requirements. We look forward to your application!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT EVERGREEN
At Evergreen, we acknowledge that an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion (“DE&I”) is essential to hiring phenomenal people. To create the best home for businesses and spark success at our firm and throughout our portfolio, we aim to establish an environment where every person is welcomed, accepted and empowered to excel in their role. These beliefs run true to our PeopleFirst philosophy, which emphasizes attributes over experience, we strive to recruit and work with those from a range of backgrounds, which drives creativity and innovation. At Evergreen, we recognize that we must continue to improve and expand and we are enthusiastic about maintaining Evergreen as one of the best places to work by ensuring a culture of inclusion and allowing everyone an unbiased opportunity to grow.
A competitive compensation package will be offered alongside our benefits package including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited PTO, 401(k) match, family planning support, and much more. Evergreen Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.