Evergreen Services Group
Evergreen Services Group is a San Francisco-based holding company that acquires and operates B2B services companies across North America. Since its founding in late 2017, Evergreen has completed 70+ acquisitions across Managed IT Services, Cybersecurity, Financial Software and Government Services. We are driven by a people-first mission to marry capital allocation with inspired operations, thus creating North America’s best home for businesses.
The Evergreen holding company team is comprised of 25+ professionals based in San Francisco who are focused on capital allocation, M&A, executive-level hiring, strategic board leadership, and finance and accounting. Evergreen is a uniquely long-term oriented holding company that seeks to hold and grow businesses indefinitely rather than follow the 5-7 year holding period of a typical private equity fund. This allows us to take a truly long-term view on performance and people. Evergreen is backed by Alpine Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on the services and software industries with $7B+ in AUM.
We are looking to add an experienced Associate to our Investing team. The perfect candidate is someone who can hit the ground running developing investment theses, leading the execution of deal processes from start to finish, and supporting the organic growth of our portfolio businesses.
This position is based in San Francisco.
Evergreen is a long-term-oriented holding company that seeks to hold and grow businesses indefinitely rather than follow the 5-7 year holding period of a typical private equity fund. Inspired by investment firms like Berkshire Hathaway and Constellation Software, we take a long-term view on performance and people to work towards our vision of being the best home for businesses and their leaders. Evergreen is backed by Alpine Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on the services and software industries with $15B+ in AUM.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform due diligence, analysis and execution across multiple simultaneous acquisitions
- Prepare investment memos and letters of intent; present investment opportunities/findings to team and investors
- Construct detailed financial models and returns analyses
- Coordinate the execution of investment transactions across all parties involved (i.e. due diligence providers, counsel, investors, portfolio company management, etc.)
- Mentor and support junior analysts through early career development
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- 2-4 years of investment banking or private equity investing experience
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance
- Passion for investing and learning about new industries
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working in a small, entrepreneurial team
You would be a great fit for this role if:
- You have a strong will-to-win and get excited by ambiguous, challenging situations
- You are a student of the game, a learn-it-all rather than a know-it-all
- You are resourceful and can find a means to resolution in unfamiliar environments
- You play for the logo on the front of the jersey and grab an oar to help when the team needs it
- You crave feedback from those around you
- You are excited about Evergreen’s mission to build the best home for businesses and their leaders
- You take ownership for your performance and have a high personal quality bar
- You live in the details, think in spreadsheets, and are comfortable balancing qualitative and quantitative data points to arrive at the best decision
- Location: San Francisco (Hybrid)
- Compensation: $180 to 225k (base and bonus) plus PIUs (Profit Interest Units)
We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above qualifications. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Evergreen encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the requirements. We look forward to your application!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT EVERGREEN
At Evergreen, we acknowledge that an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion (“DE&I”) is essential to hiring phenomenal people. To create the best home for businesses and spark success at our firm and throughout our portfolio, we aim to establish an environment where every person is welcomed, accepted and empowered to excel in their role. These beliefs run true to our PeopleFirst philosophy, which emphasizes attributes over experience, we strive to recruit and work with those from a range of backgrounds, which drives creativity and innovation. At Evergreen, we recognize that we must continue to improve and expand and we are enthusiastic about maintaining Evergreen as one of the best places to work by ensuring a culture of inclusion and allowing everyone an unbiased opportunity to grow.
A competitive compensation package will be offered alongside our benefits package including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited PTO, 401(k) match, family planning support, and much more.
Evergreen Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.