Vice President of Growth
Evergreen Services Group
Evergreen Services Group is a San Francisco based holding company that acquires and operates B2B services companies across the North America. Since its founding in late 2017, Evergreen has completed 70+ acquisitions across Managed IT Services, Cybersecurity, Financial Software and Government Services. We are driven by a people first mission to marry capital allocation with inspired operations, thus creating North America’s best home for businesses.
Evergreen is a uniquely long-term oriented holding company that seeks to hold and grow businesses indefinitely rather than follow the 5-7 year holding period of a typical private equity fund. This allows us to take a truly long-term view on performance and people. Evergreen has grown total revenue from $0M to $600M in a little over four years. We are backed by Alpine Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on the services and software industries with $15B+ in AUM.
This role is for one of our Operating Companies that acquires and operates industry-leading B2B IT and cybersecurity service businesses. They are a collective of companies, each with their own unique DNA yet united in their commitment to delivering excellent technology services. Together, they form one of the largest providers of those technology services to small businesses in the United States. Their passion is accelerating the growth of great businesses. Their approach focuses on people, empowerment, and partnership. This company uniquely holds and grows businesses indefinitely, offering a permanent home for its businesses, operating 14 companies in the Midwest, Southeast, and South.
The VP of Growth is a high-profile role that will work with the rest of the executive leadership team to define and execute on organic revenue growth strategy. The VP of Growth will drive revenue growth at the aggregated Operating Company level as well as partner with local leaders in the portfolio to drive growth at their individual operating companies.
The VP of Growth will report to the CEO of the Operating Company. The role is fully remote with the expectation to travel up to several times a quarter.
- Collaborate with the rest of the executive leadership team to define, execute on, and measure our revenue generation strategy
- Build out and continuously improve the revenue generation engine
- Drive at least $80,000 in assisted MRR in the operating company's portfolio in the first six month of employment
- Increase collective MRR growth rate from 12% to 20% by the end of 2024
- Provide leadership and guidance to the operating companies with the goal of transitioning at least three businesses who are currently utilizing principal-led sales to institutional sales functions by the end of 2024
- Develop a repeatable playbook for organic MRR growth to be applied to new acquisitions to increase their growth rate
- High impact and low ego
- Energized by the climb
- Come prepared
- Debate openly, then commit fully
- Resourceful and scrappy; has a track record of revenue generation on a limited budget, with a specific focus on new logo revenue
- Demonstrated ability to launch new revenue initiatives from the ground up, including strategic partnerships, new products, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to hire, manage, and terminate sales/marketing talent
- Deep understanding of the sales and marketing funnel, common CRM tools, and standard sales processes
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to work collaboratively, generate buy-in, drive change, and lead people from different backgrounds and with different skillsets
- Action-oriented and demonstrates hunger and results orientation in professional/personal experiences
- Demonstrates process and data-driven approach to driving new business
- Excellent and proactive communication skills – both verbal and written
- Evidence of trust-based/B2B services sales experience and keys to success in this type of sale – MSP Experience is a must
We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above qualifications. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Evergreen encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the requirements. We look forward to your application!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT EVERGREEN
At Evergreen, we acknowledge that an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion (“DE&I”) is essential to hiring phenomenal people. To create the best home for businesses and spark success at our firm and throughout our portfolio, we aim to establish an environment where every person is welcomed, accepted and empowered to excel in their role. These beliefs run true to our PeopleFirst philosophy, which emphasizes attributes over experience, we strive to recruit and work with those from a range of backgrounds, which drives creativity and innovation. At Evergreen, we recognize that we must continue to improve and expand and we are enthusiastic about maintaining Evergreen as one of the best places to work by ensuring a culture of inclusion and allowing everyone an unbiased opportunity to grow.
A competitive compensation package will be offered alongside our benefits package including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited PTO, 401(k) match, family planning support, and much more.
Evergreen Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.