Technical Accounting Manager
We are looking for an M&A Accounting Manager who is passionate about taking a role in the financial and business integration process and implementation of accounting best practices across the Evergreen portfolio companies. This role will lead the financial and accounting integration of newly acquired entities, problem solve to integrate complex systems and processes during the later stages of acquisition through to post-acquisition support, coordinate the transition of accounting and serve as a key contributor to our financial reporting that is communicated to company leadership and external stakeholders. Additionally, the role offers the unique opportunity to not only provide guidance to the finance leaders across our portfolio, but also jump in and work alongside them on interesting, shorter-term projects at their respective companies.
In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with financial leaders across our portfolio companies to implement accounting and finance initiatives, lead accounting onboarding for new acquisitions, and provide tactical, stand-in finance and accounting help for the portfolio companies, as needed.
We are looking for an analytical, self-motivated, accounting manager who is experienced working in a high-growth environment. The ideal person will balance a positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to roll-up-their sleeves, allowing them to seamlessly function as both a strong individual contributor and a project leader. This role will report directly to the Controller at Evergreen.
- Lead accounting onboarding and purchase price accounting for all platform company acquisitions and assist for all tuck-in acquisitions, ensuring cohesion across Evergreen entities
- Perform acquisition accounting for platform acquisitions, including establishing the opening balance sheet and purchase accounting
- Write acquisition memos
- Develop Onboarding playbook that sets best practices and train finance leaders across the portfolio
- Lead kickoff meeting with CEO and finance leaders
- Serves as primary accounting resource for new partners during initial post acquisition period-end accounting closes
- Build and maintain strong business relationship with operating company finance teams
- Serve as “Helicopter Controller” for portfolio companies, providing tactical accounting and finance support for portfolio companies, as needed for major projects
- Key contributor in major finance team projects across Evergreen (e.g., system migrations, streamlining processes/controls, compliance with new accounting guidance, metrics tracking, etc.)
- Assist project manager with LucaNet and Business Central integrations and conversions
- Key contributor in implementation and maintenance of consistent accounting policies and procedures across portfolio companies.
- Ad-hoc accounting projects
- 5+ years of public and private accounting, and/or private equity experience, with increasing responsibility
- Technical accounting: Experience with business combinations (ASC 805), Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) and Accounting for Debt transactions strongly preferred
- Proven record of project management and ability to effect change
- Experience working through financial audits and tax requirements
- CPA desired, but not required
- Experience with our core financial portfolio systems a plus – QuickBooks, Bill.com, Expensify, LucaNet and Business Central
- Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is a data-driven decision-maker
- Strong project manager – organized and able to prioritize and successfully lead group initiatives
- Willingness to dive-in where needed in a lean, fast-paced startup environment
- Interest in growing with the company, as Evergreen expands across new and existing industries
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Works collaboratively and energetically
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
- Ability to create and execute on processes using best practices