Director of New Partnerships
Cobalt Service Partners
Cobalt Service Partners Overview:
Cobalt aims to build the most impactful business in the commercial access solutions industry (access solutions means overhead doors, commercial doors, security gates, access control systems, and video surveillance systems). Cobalt is backed by Alpine Investors, a private equity firm specializing in middle market companies in the services and software industries and with $15bn+ of AUM. Cobalt’s Co-CEOs (Tyler Hoffman and Anthony Gonzalez) are experienced investors and operators, and the executive team brings a wealth of experience across business, government, professional sports, and Broadway.
Cobalt’s Core Values are:
- Unwavering stewardship: We believe advancing founders’ legacies is a privilege. We do right by our founders, teams, and customers in good times and in bad.
- Excellence in action: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards. We’re bold in our pursuits, don’t make excuses, and relentlessly empower each other to get the job done.
- Seek and tell the truth: We’re honest with ourselves and others. We do what we say we’ll do, say what needs to be said, and search for the right answer regardless of where it comes from.
- Love learning: We’re always learning as individuals, as a team, and as a business. We show up humble, curious, and with the courage to change our minds.
- Enjoy the ride: We’re fired up by our mission, love our team, and don’t take either for granted. We show up authentically, assume best intent, and try not to take ourselves too seriously.
Cobalt is hiring a Director of New Partnerships to own and drive our early-stage M&A process. The Director of New Partnerships will coordinate with the Alpine sourcing team and Cobalt M&A team to:
- Systematically identify compelling acquisition candidates
- Sell founders and business owners on the merits of joining Cobalt
- Manage the M&A process up to the point of a signed Letter of Intent (LOI)
The Director of New Partnerships will report directly to Cobalt’s Co-CEO, Tyler Hoffman, and will work directly with C-level executives across M&A, Finance, and Operations. Early on, the role will be as a player rather than a coach, with substantial rolling-up-of-sleeves. As we grow, the Director of New Partnerships will have the opportunity to build out a team and transition into a player/coach capacity.
- 3-5 years of M&A experience (Investing execution and/or deal origination)
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience (in an M&A or operational context)
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication ability
- Strong and demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Humble, openminded and coachable. Loves learning and improving themselves
- Enthusiastic, personable, positive attitude
- High integrity. Speaks honestly and directly, especially when it’s hard to do so
- Persistent, proactive, self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Can learn quickly and quickly grasp complicated financial concepts