SALES LEADER - IN RESIDENCE
To date, ASG has acquired more than 50 B2B vertical SaaS companies across a wide range of industries. We aspire to 3x revenue within the first 3-years of acquiring a company. To accomplish this outcome, our operating companies (OpCos) must have repeatable and scalable revenue processes, driven by world-class sales leaders.
We are seeking sales leaders to join our team “In Residence,” train in ASG’s Sales Leadership Program, and eventually be deployed as the senior-most sales leader in one of our OpCos.
ASG is a talent-powered, data-driven software company reimagining how to buy and build leading vertical SaaS companies. We provide shared expertise and a common backbone across all of our companies that make our people and our businesses even better together. We hire and unleash a diverse array of leaders across ASG whose will to win - and ability to do so with love - is the true magic behind our success. We also believe that inspiring growth in people is the best way to build enduring businesses; that’s why our PeopleFirst™ philosophy guides everything we do.
This is where you come in.
You’ll first join our ASG holding company team “in residence” and meet key stakeholders throughout our portfolio, including CEOs, CFOs and other revenue leaders. You’ll join ASG's Sales Leadership Program, learn our sales playbook, and receive mentoring from current operators. You’ll be paired with a Revenue Operations leader, where together you’ll build reps working on key projects within our portfolio.
You will then be deployed to a newly acquired company or into an existing company as the senior-most sales leader, equipped to achieve a remarkable goal - tripling revenue in 3 years.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will:
- Lead a sales org of a B2B SaaS company with annual revenues of $5M-$30M and a team size ranging from 2-15 sellers
- Run an upper SMB, mid-market, or lower-enterprise sales motion with rigor and repeatability
- Be industry agnostic and adaptable because you will be deployed into a new vertical market
- Learn and deploy a sales playbook alongside a Revenue Operations leader
- Transform a GTM organization to drive unprecedented growth over a 3-5 year time horizon
When Deployed at an OpCo You Will:
- Hit/exceed annual sales team targets, sometimes by leaning in as a player/coach
- Establish a clear sales strategy, based on deep understanding of the product, value proposition, competition, and deal model
- Manage and grow a team of AE’s, including regular coaching and development sessions, leading the team with a tight operating rhythm, and hiring and retaining top talent
- Manage sales pipeline development, in collaboration with Marketing, Customer Success and Product
- Build on and continuously improve our sales playbook to increase selling velocity
- Serve as an executive leader and participate in setting company goals, strategy, and vision
- Be the company’s best seller, capable of advancing and closing deals.
We’re Excited About You Because You Will:
- Have a proven track-record of winning in every environment you’re in, as both a seller and a sales manager
- >3 years leading a sales team to achieve team targets
- Prior to managing, >3 years as quota-carrying AE consistently performing in top 10% of your org
- Bring highly relevant GTM experience including:
- Software experience, ideally across >2 industries
- Selling/managing in an SMB, Mid-Market or lower Enterprise sales motion with deals ranging from $5-$75k ACV
- Experience growing companies in the $5-$30M range
- Inspire and lead the sales team by building a winning culture for a small or medium-sized fast-paced sales team
- Implement and continuously improve the Sales Playbook, including messaging, talk tracks, best practices
- Create simple, repeatable processes that accelerate growth and improve selling efficiency
- Be a practitioner of MEDDICC or other sales methodologies
- Experience with Salesforce and sales enablement technologies
We Value the Following Characteristics For This Role:
- Effective Player/Coach - People-first servant leader with the ability to build trusted, positive relationships and desire to demonstrate excellence
- Intellectually curious - you’re resourceful and a quick study on a market and client base; you’re always digging a level deeper and using your scrappiness to solve problems and find a way to learn a skill or ascertain info.
- Analytical & Strategic - Can own numbers and help develop a data-driven team, diagnose issues, implement solutions and see opportunities for improvement; process oriented.
- Management Intensity - Consistently commits to and delivers on goals, with a strong will-to-win and track record of consistently applying management intensity to focus on the most impactful outcomes/goals for the business.
- Disciplined - you’re consistent and meticulous, ruthlessly prioritizing your and the team’s time and to-dos.
- Location: Flexible
- Compensation: The total on-target earnings range for this position is $200,000 – $450,000 and is part of a competitive total rewards package including an annual bonus, employer-paid benefits, and long-term incentive pay. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
- Other Benefits: 401k matching, medical, dental and vision coverage, pre tax benefits, unlimited PTO, and company-sponsored holidays.
- PeopleFirst mindset: The guiding principle of our and ASG’s mentality is that the key to success is working with, learning from, and developing exceptional people