Radicle - VP of Product
KCare – VP of Product
KCare is a mission-driven software provider for social service agencies. KCare was formed through the 2020 merger of KaleidaCare and extendedReach, two of the leading case management software solutions for foster care and social service organizations. KCare provides a web-based care management and billing solution. We have been providing software to agencies for 25 years and currently serve over 500 customers. Our team of 45 is highly mission-driven and dedicated to empowering our customers to provide transformative care to populations in need.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to define and execute our forward-looking product vision, align stakeholders across the organization on product strategy, drive rigorous product processes, and mentor product and development team members. We are looking for a technologist with an understanding of what is possible through technology and who is excited about the opportunities that technology can bring to a business. You should be a passionate, experienced product leader with a passion for delivering products that meet market needs and delight customers. You should be able to participate in high-level product conversations, help break down complex business needs to technical capabilities, and help teams reach a consensus.
This role will work closely with the development team to modernize our core platform and develop new products. We are looking for a senior leader to take execution of our strategic vision to the next level. This position will require you to build solutions that impact tens of thousands of users who rely on our software to serve children and families across the U.S. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven leader with a track record of success managing and motivating product or engineering teams. This role will report directly to the CEO.
- Lead the strategic product direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, our technology team, and various business teams
- Develop and evangelize overall product vision, strategy, and roadmap in alignment with company objectives and technology architecture objectives
- Implement an effective and scalable product management operating model, including organization design, core processes, tools, and measurable KPIs
- Manage, mentor, and develop the product team
- Facilitate team discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Develop individual team members to further their product, technical, business, and professional skills to advance the product roadmap. When called upon, be able to directly perform product management work that advances deliverables.
- Set appropriate team and individual goals and hold all accountable toward progress against those goals.
- Act as change champion and own the adoption of evolving product processes.
- Work closely with development leader and scrum masters to improve scrums, weekly planning, and review meetings to monitor project progress.
- Provide thought-partnership to engineering managers on architecture and technology roadmap when appropriate.
- Evolve our suite of tools and platforms to optimize efficiency and performance.
- Provide visibility into platform and product viability through well-chosen metrics and concise status reporting.
- Develop and recruit top talent.
- 10+ years in product management and engineering experience with a strong portfolio of shipped products of high quality and with real impact.
- 5+ years combined product and/or engineering leadership experience at the Director level.
- Proven track record of driving teams to results while navigating a fast-changing environment within a rapidly scaling company.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate, support, and influence with and without direct authority
- Product domain expertise spanning the customer discovery, planning, and product development process; deep understanding of customer-centric product practices; ability to mentor and develop expertise in others
- Experience leading Agile teams, ideally with Agile transformation experience.
- Skilled communicator. Comfortable discussing highly technical concepts with engineers and non-engineering team members alike. Honest and thoughtful communication with your peers and your reports.
- Experience in a space with high regulatory compliance/complexity, ideally in the healthcare space with HIPAA compliance experience.
- Previous experience leading or contributing to a digital transformation.
- Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is a data-driven decision-maker
- Excellent leadership skills – proven ability to train, motivate, and lead through transitions
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Customer focused – our top priority is getting it right for our customers
- Time management, organization, and prioritization – understands what’s important and can focus on it
- Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Team player – works collaboratively and energetically
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
- A commitment to personal growth and development
- Location: Austin preferred, remote possible
- Benefits: 401k matching, medical, dental and vision healthcare coverage, competitive PTO, 11 paid holidays, Volunteer Time Off, 12-weeks of paid parental leave.