Aplos Head of People
What Do We Do
Aplos is the leading provider of technology for nonprofits, foundations, churches and more. As the definitive operating system for nonprofits, Aplos provides customers with accounting, CRM and fundraising technologies (among others), enveloping nonprofits with an all-in-one suite to cover the most important functions of nonprofit operations. With Aplos, nonprofits can manage their financial health, engage with their donor base and accelerate their philanthropic missions. Our vision is to bring powerful technology to every nonprofit in the world.
Aplos is in a growth phase – both organic and inorganic – and we are searching for an experienced people operations leader who can build world-class and highly critical people-related functions. As a culture carrier and people developer, the leader is tasked with crafting the people strategy across Aplos, helping to assemble a consolidated platform across teams, business units, strategies and geographies. As a member of the core leadership team, you will play a key role in driving the strategy of the business and execution of key initiatives, working across departments to drive success.
Your day to day is…
● Develop a consolidated people strategy across several teams, business units, geographies, creating a unified experience for employee
● Create an employee experience that centers their career development: each employee has a clearly defined career pathway with measurable expectations and milestones
● Implement ground-up HR and people ops practices and policies (attendance, health & safety, compensation and benefits, non-discrimination, and anti-harassment and more)
● Build and augment our current HR / people rhythms with critical high-priority people and/or functions
● Build a critical learning & development function across the business, helping employees feel empowered on their journeys of continuous learning and career development
● Create a high-powered and world-class talent recruiting organization (internal + agencies) that maintains a robust talent pipeline that anticipates our needs
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
● You are eager to create an employee experience that empowers every individual to do their best work – an experience rooted in engagement, optimism, purpose and professional development
● You enjoy process and best practice development, including systems, critical HR policies that fuel a fair and equitable experience for employees
● You are committed to the creation and maintenance of ongoing L&D resources that set the workforce up for success
● You are a humble and curious learner who yearns to try new things in service of the company and your development. You thrive on a quickly changing environment that comes with a high-growth organization with audacious goals.
● You have an almost impossibly high standard for your work. Details matter to you. Hitting goals matters to you.
Location: West Coast preferred (hybrid positions available in Seattle (WA), San Francisco (CA), Vancouver (CAD) and Fresno (CA)
Aplos’s Commitment to Equal-Employment, Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
Aplos provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Base Salary Range
The target salary range for this position is $125,000 – $175,000 and is part of a competitive total rewards package that includes employer-paid benefits, and long-term incentive pay. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.