Real Estate Tax Senior (Hybrid)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
About AscendAscend empowers entrepreneurial CPAs to reach their goals with an innovative growth model that brings their firms into the new age. Backed by private equity from people-focused Alpine Investors, Ascend is building a modern platform for regional accounting firms that enables them to stay independent while accessing the resources of a large CPA firm to help them grow. Ascend provides access to growth capital, robust talent acquisition, best-of-breed technology, a catalytic leadership system, shared back-office services, and modernized equity incentives so that firms can surmount today's industry challenges and reach their full potential. Founded in January 2023, the company attained revenues sufficient to qualify it as a Top 100 U.S. accounting firm within six months of operation. For more information, visit ascendtogether.com. About LMCLMC was founded in 2010 on the principle of delivering out-of-the-box, trusted, expert guidance. Great clients is one aspect, but it is our even greater staff that sets us apart.For us, it's about creating a positive work environment that offers flexibility and growth.LMC is searching for a Tax Senior in our Real Estate practice. We seek an energetic, self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team-oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture. What You'll Do:
- Prepare and submit simple to complex tax returns for various real estate clients.
- Handle communication from clients and tax authorities. Advise clients on tax strategies.
- Audit all tax forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide future tax planning to clients.
- Analyze tax data submitted by the client to maximize the outcome for the client.
- Research new tax trends and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with government tax rules.
- Train and mentor tax staff; Support the growth and development of team members.
- Manage multiple assignments inside an engagement.
- Communicate with Managers and Partner on work status and client issues that arise.
- 3+years' experience as a Tax Preparer or a similar role.
- Experience working with Real Estate clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline, Masters in Taxation preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of tax preparation software. Knowledge of CCH ProSystem or Axcess and Document a plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills (particularly in using Excel).
- Comprehensive understanding of government tax laws.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Available to work additional hours when necessary during tax season.