Audit Senior (Hybrid)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
About AscendAscend empowers entrepreneurial CPAs to reach their goals with an innovative growth model that brings their firms into the new age. Backed by private equity from people-focused Alpine Investors, Ascend is building a modern platform for regional accounting firms that enables them to stay independent while accessing the resources of a large CPA firm to help them grow. Ascend provides access to growth capital, robust talent acquisition, best-of-breed technology, a catalytic leadership system, shared back-office services, and modernized equity incentives so that firms can surmount today's industry challenges and reach their full potential. Founded in January 2023, the company attained revenues sufficient to qualify it as a Top 100 U.S. accounting firm within six months of operation. For more information, visit ascendtogether.com. About LMCLMC was founded in 2010 on the principle of delivering out-of-the-box, trusted, expert guidance. Great clients is one aspect, but it is our even greater staff that sets us apart.For us, it's about creating a positive work environment that offers flexibility and growth.LMC is searching for an Audit Senior Accountant in our New York City office. We seek an energetic, self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team-oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture. What You'll Do:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits.
- Begin to develop advanced knowledge and other special purpose frameworks, where applicable, and financial statement presentation.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client's business.
- Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with major in Accounting
- Experience auditing Banks/Financial Institutions
- CPA License or actively working toward attaining CPA license
- Minimum of 2-3 years of public accounting experience
- U.S. GAAP/GAAS knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrates an ability to function at a high level in a deadline driven, time-sensitive environment
- Must be a team player
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive and polished communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with business software tools such as CCH Engagement and Microsoft Office applications.