VP of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data enthusiasts on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
The VP of Marketing will lead and manage the marketing team with a focus on delivering budgeted ARR growth. This leader will be responsible for developing and executing a marketing strategy that will deliver these financial goals through an effective brand, content, communications, customer acquisition, and product marketing strategy. This leader is a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and will collaborate closely with the Research, Product, and Sales leaders to ensure alignment with overall business goals and objectives. The VP of Marketing should be highly structured and analytical as well as creatively talented, and will accelerate AirDNA’s path to having a best-in-class marketing engine, a sophisticated marketing tech stack, and leading brand.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Evaluate existing marketing strategy and team and identify key gaps, opportunities, and quick wins in various areas, including content marketing, brand strategy, customer acquisition, PR/communications, product marketing, loyalty/ retention, and market research.
- Develop a marketing strategy and plan for the rest of 2023 that will accelerate progress towards both B2B and B2C goals and set a strong foundation for 2024 and beyond.
- Optimize the marketing channel mix within budget that converts self-service ARR and generates high-quality leads for sales-assisted enterprise customers.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making on the marketing team and lead the establishment of best-in-class marketing attribution and reporting to support that goal.
- Contribute to the company’s overall strategy and execution as an effective member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and collaborate with the leadership team to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Design the future org chart that will support the marketing strategy, assess the current team against it, identify gaps, and recruit top talent.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Experience with self-service online subscription sales at low ASPs (<$200).
- Comfortable interpreting quantitative reporting and analytics to incorporate data into marketing strategy and assess and monitor team performance.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing customer input and customer behavior data to inform decision-making.
- Ability to lead a team confidently and work effectively cross-functionally with other departments.
- An ideal candidate has experience in product-led-growth organization and/ or working in a product-related role.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $175,000 - $200,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potentially hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.