Senior Engineer, Platform Team
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
Come join our Platform team and help drive our growth by designing, maintaining, and improving our platform and processes. The ideal person for this role is driven to design robust, scalable, secure infrastructure, cares about the details, and enjoys helping both individual engineers and their teams work more effectively.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Maintain and improve our platform infrastructure, running on AWS and Kubernetes.
- Support the engineering teams with tooling, processes, and training designed to make everyone’s jobs easier.
- Maintain and champion good documentation.
- Be passionate about observability best practices.
- Automate whenever possible.
- Consider security with every decision.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a distributed microservice environment.
- Be comfortable with cross-functional, cross-team work.
- Evaluate new technologyBe cost-conscious and look for areas to optimize spend
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 6+ years of experience in a technical operations capacity.
- Strong familiarity with Amazon Web Services, multi-account experience preferred.
- Expertise using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding of information security practices.
- Expertise with Linux (prefer Ubuntu, Alpine, and/or Amazon Linux).
- Experience with observability tools such as prometheus, elasticsearch, datadog.
- Understanding of DevOps practices
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Gitlab pipelines
- Linkerd or other service mesh
- ELK stack or similar logging platforms
- Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Cloudformation or other IaC tools
- Apache Airflow
- Databases (postgres preferred)
- Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, StatusPage
- Programming experience: shell scripting, Python, Golang preferred
- Experience with performance optimization of distributed microservices
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $150,000 - $170,000 per year.
- Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.