Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data enthusiasts on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
We are looking for an experienced and driven FP&A Manager to join our Finance team and play a pivotal role in shaping the financial future of our company. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will own budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis, and help with strategic planning, partnering closely with other departments to put data behind our decision making.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Lead the development, refinement, and maintenance of our annual budgeting and forecasting processes. You will collaborate closely with the heads of other departments to align our financial goals with their strategic initiatives to ensure accurate financial projections and track budget variances monthly. You will also work with the department heads to develop action plans to address any deviations from budget.
- Prepare detailed financial modeling and perform comprehensive analyses to support decision-making and provide business insights across the organization to assist in understanding the forces that will impact key operational, financial, and strategic decisions and identify opportunities and challenges.
- Improve upon and maintain our revenue forecasting model and methodology.
- Maintain our comprehensive set of KPIs and understand, monitor, and analyze the underlying drivers that may affect those KPIs.
- Help develop and maintain the long-range plan, working closely with the VP of Finance and the executive team to define the Company’s financial trajectory over an extended horizon under a range of scenarios.
- Prepare and assist in presenting financial reports, dashboards, and presentations to our executive team, board of directors, and the company as a whole where necessary. You will need to translate complex financial data into simplified and actionable insights for the rest of the company.
- Continuously find ways for the Finance team to improve its processes, tools and methodologies and help the department continue its shift from manual processes to streamlined automated processes to further drive efficiency, accuracy, and scalability.
- Help assess potential M&A opportunities, identifying key synergies and risks during diligence to assess the financial impact of an acquisition. Once an acquisition is consummated, you would also assist with the successful integration of the acquiree.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 4+ years of finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Deep experience in (and love of!) Excel.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Experience in financial modeling and forecasting as well as budgeting.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to convey financial insights to all sorts of stakeholders, including non-finance ones.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage competing priorities.
Here's what would be nice to have:
- MBA or CPA/CFA qualification a plus but not required.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Bonus points for experience in a SaaS business and having an understanding of SaaS metrics.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary
- 62 days per year to work from anywhere!
- 36 holidays per year
- Health insurance with Sanitas (Vision + Dental included)
- Continuing education stipend
- Cobee card available for public transport, daycare, restaurants and health insurance
- Individual growth plan to progress in the role
- A fun and sunny office with big terraces
- Talented international team and a vibrant work environment
- Bottom-up management: we listen to your ideas and implement them
- Team building events
- Dog friendly office!
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.