Senior Director of Growth Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona. Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape. We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world. We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world. We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
We’re a team of data and marketing nerds on a mission to empower our customers to become short-term rental data nerds too. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take a data-based approach to building sophisticated, scalable, and creative acquisition strategies to make it happen. We genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry, and Honest. We laugh, play with dogs, build Lego succulent arrangements, and debate the sandwich-ness of a hamburger. We believe deeply that we can do our jobs better every day and can’t help but share marketing wins and fails in Slack. Above all, we ask the big and small questions and have regular crucial conversations. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
The Senior Director of Growth Marketing, reporting to the VP of Marketing, will lead and manage the growth marketing team with a focus on delivering budgeted ARR growth through strategic content across organic, paid, social, and email. This role calls for someone who can be both a player and a coach with deep experience researching, planning, and executing multichannel demand generation programs. This leader must build frameworks and processes for a world-class content strategy, working closely with the VP of Marketing, Director of Product Marketing, and Creative Director. The ideal candidate strikes a balance between highly analytical and naturally creative, hard-driving project management and flexible reprioritization. Above all, this growth marketer will ensure all content campaigns are aligned with a data-based strategy.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Develop a demand generation strategy that aligns to AirDNA’s company strategy and enables us to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets.
- Dive into the details of specific programs, channel, or campaign with your team to provide them with guidance in execution as needed.
- Coach and develop team members and direct reports, motivating and inspiring them to excel and investing in their professional development, setting strategic goals and removing obstacles to success.
- Identify and implement best practice processes, tools, and workflows in demand generation, evaluating new investments, and demonstrating expected return on investments to justify spend.
- Outline a comprehensive health report for all demand generation/growth efforts including establishing and tracking meaningful KPIs, overseeing the attribution model, reporting on significant channel metrics to the executive leadership team, providing insights and recommendations to ensure resource allocation, unified messaging, and data-driven decision-making and budgeting, and ROI projections for all paid channels (SEM, paid social, partnerships, print ads, etc.).
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- In-depth knowledge of content and demand generation strategy relevant to a company of our scale ($30-100M ARR) with both B2C and B2B offerings.
- Experience with self-service online subscription sales at low ASPs (<$200).
- Experience supporting a full-funnel sales motion for enterprise teams.
- Experience owning and executing large paid media budgets, lifecycle management, content marketing strategy, and MarTech optimization.
- Proven ability to bring a data-driven, hypothesis test + learn approach to marketing.
- Comfortable interpreting quantitative reporting and analytics to incorporate data into marketing strategy and assess and monitor team performance.
- Excelled in highly analytical roles/projects; comfortable using Excel and monitoring reports and Hubspot dashboards to track performance.
- Experience building a MarTech stack that increases efficiencies, visibility, and collaboration while meeting budget requirements.
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Certifications from Hubspot (inbound, reporting, revops, paid media, and sales enablement), Google Analytics, and SEMrush are highly preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing, with tours across each growth area: email, content marketing, paid media, and social media.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $150,000 - $175,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potentially hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email email@example.com. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.