Marketing & Communications, Design
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona. Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape. We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world. We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world. We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
We’re a team of data and marketing nerds on a mission to empower our customers to become short-term rental data nerds too. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take a data-based approach to building sophisticated, scalable, and creative acquisition strategies to make it happen. We genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry, and Honest. We laugh, play with dogs, build Lego succulent arrangements, and debate the sandwich-ness of a hamburger. We believe deeply that we can do our jobs better every day and can’t help but share marketing wins and fails in Slack. Above all, we ask the big and small questions and have regular crucial conversations. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
As the design leader within the marketing function, the primary role of the Marketing Designer is to uphold and push the boundaries of the visual creative direction and manage the execution of all AirDNA visual content. Working in close collaboration with their fellow creatives (yep! A whole team!), they help drive the design equity of AirDNA’s brand, strategy, process, and team. This person will develop world-class creative assets to drive engagement, shape the continued evolution of our brand and how we engage with our customers, and define our creative approach across channels.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Own the AirDNA brand guidelines to ensure consistent and world-class branding across all assets in marketing, sales, CS, and product.
- Act as the shepherd of our brand, with direction from the creative team, on the ultimate brand identity.
- Fully own graphic and design tasks, ensuring volume and velocity goals are met.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Marketing team, identify video opportunities and successfully oversee the creation for these videos from storyboarding to post-production editing.
- Collaborate with the growth team to inventory live ads, website creative, email assets, conference materials, sales enablement materials, etc. and refresh based on needs and performance.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A strong understanding and demonstrated expertise in all things related to crafting, supervising, and creating visual design artifacts.
- A rich portfolio of compelling campaign work (including video, organic and paid social, digital and print) and in-store retail systems (signage, conference booths, swag, in-store promotions, etc.).
- Ability to deeply understand our customer Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) profiles and be able to empathize and connect to their fundamental motivations, behaviors, needs and problems.
- Value collaboration and independently synthesize design solutions while factoring in the implications of growing and scaling a brand.
- Interest in current key developments in digital marketing to leverage them for achieving business objectives.
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Experience using Figma, the Adobe Creative Suite, Google and Microsoft Office suites (our spreadsheets and slide decks need lots of love!)
- Video production and animation experience (we’ve got iMovie skills - we need some big guns to take us to a brand experience level worthy of our market leader position)
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $95,000 - $105,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potentially hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.