Content Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona. Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape. We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world. We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world. We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
We’re a team of data and marketing nerds on a mission to empower our customers to become short-term rental data nerds too. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take a data-based approach to building sophisticated, scalable, and creative acquisition strategies to make it happen. We genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry, and Honest. We laugh, play with dogs, build Lego succulent arrangements, and debate the sandwich-ness of a hamburger. We believe deeply that we can do our jobs better every day and can’t help but share marketing wins and fails in Slack. Above all, we ask the big and small questions and have regular crucial conversations. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
The Content Marketing Manager is a core creative force that drives AirDNA’s brand awareness and thought leadership and is the leader of the content team. This role involves planning and producing engaging content to fuel both demand and lead generation for our B2C and B2B audiences. This individual will be central in building the content strategy that expands AirDNA’s footprint in key industry spaces, including individual investors, short-term rental hosts, real estate, property management, tourism, and others.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Collaborate with marketing team members to develop top-notch content strategies, messaging and copy production for all B2B and B2C marketing-led efforts.
- Craft meaningful, engaging, shareable content across various formats (digital, print, video, and mixed-media executions) that effectively converts visitors into customers.
- Evaluate existing organic campaigns across SEO, social media, content marketing, and email marketing to identify key gaps, opportunities, and immediate successes.
- Develop a content marketing strategy and plan for the rest of 2023 that will accelerate progress toward financial goals and set a strong foundation for 2024 and beyond.
- Outline a comprehensive health report for all organic and inbound marketing efforts. This includes establishing and tracking meaningful KPIs, providing insights and recommendations to ensure appropriate resource allocation, unified messaging, and data-driven decision-making, as well as budgeting and ROI projections for all organic channels (SEO, content, social, email, webinars, podcasts, etc.).
- Coach, develop and foster a growth mindset amongst team members and direct reports.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A profound understanding of both the self-serve business model and enterprise sales model, including their interaction with marketing activities and channels.
- Strong grasp and demonstrated expertise in all areas related to crafting, overseeing, and monitoring content.
- A proven track record of writing effective content pieces, both in long and short form.
- A history of improving organic search engine rankings and boosting website traffic through effective SEO strategies.
- Comfort using tools like SEMrush to identify target keywords and phrases to grow SEO programs.
- A comprehensive understanding of all aspects related to optimizing content for search engines including on-page, off-page, and technical SEO.
- Clear and effective communication, with the ability to present analyses in a thoughtful and easily understandable manner.
- History of strong people leadership, showcasing the ability to lead and manage teams, regardless of size..
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Background in both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Experience building complex content pillar campaigns.
- Experience planning, executing, and promoting in-person (conferences) and digital events (webinars)
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $95,000 - $105,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potentially hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email email@example.com. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.