Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
Be at the forefront of the fast growing short-term rental sector, where real estate and hospitality are converging. As an economist at AirDNA, you will apply your knowledge of the economy, real estate, lodging, and the short-term rental sector to produce insight on factors that are causing that change in industry performance, leveraging your advanced skills in data analysis and econometrics.
This position will report to the VP of Research.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Manage weekly/monthly reporting and analysis of short-term rental performance of public companies for financial services clients.
- Create and maintain models of financial performance of public short-term rental companies.
- Understand how changes in the economy impact lodging demand and specifically short-term rentals.
- Build products to help investors find new and emerging markets for short-term rental investment.
- Create written and video content related to your research.
- Create and occasionally present industry presentations related to historical and future performance of the STR sector.
- Create quarterly outputs and content related to forecasts, answering client questions and research related to the future of the industry.
- Work on and create regular reports on factors relating to STR investing, outlook, and trends as a thought leader in the industry.
- Produce models and forecasts relating to global short-term rental industry performance.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong modeling skills in using statistical software (e.g. STATA, R, Python).
- Thrive working across multiple cross-departmental teams in service of common goals.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and can pivot when necessary.
- Experience analysis/forecasting of housing, apartment, or hospitality related industries.
- Expertise in with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power Bi).
- Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to present complex data and concepts internally and externally in a succinct, clear and eloquent manner.
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Masters in economics, finance, statistics, or equivalent field.
- Experience in SQL and working with large datasets in Snowflake, Postgres, databricks, etc..
- High growth start-up or travel/hospitality experience is a plus.
- An eye for design when it comes to dashboards and data visualization.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- 62 days per year to work from anywhere!
- 36 holidays per year
- Health insurance with Sanitas (Vision + Dental included)
- Continuing education stipend
- Cobee card available for public transport, daycare, restaurants and health insurance
- Individual growth plan to progress in the role
- A fun and sunny office with big terraces
- Talented international team and a vibrant work environment
- Bottom-up management: we listen to your ideas and implement them
- Team building events
- Dog friendly office!
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
See more open positions at Airdna
Something looks off?